Installing additional Exchange Servies

Post by Camero » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to install the internet mail service after I have
already selected to install exchange without it.

what is the name of the .inf file on the CD-ROM.

R's
Cameron

Installing additional Exchange Servies

Post by Abid Ali Kha » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

You can select the installation from the control panel, add remove program,
and select the service from the microsoft exchange.
I suggest you use microsoft outlook or Internet E-mail for E-mail services.
Thanks,
From AAK

Installing additional Exchange Servies

Post by Antoni » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Have you tried adding to the add services profile, within microsoft
exchange, either through browse or from disk.  I am using 4.0.410.87.
Let me know, please.  I lost netscape internet transport after removing
and reinstalling exchange.  Netscape support tried and for lack of
success suggested trying a downloaded version of netscape (newer).  It
didn't work either and suspect the problem is exchange or win95.

> Hi,

> can anyone tell me how to install the internet mail service after I
> have
> already selected to install exchange without it.

> what is the name of the .inf file on the CD-ROM.

> R's
> Cameron

Installing additional Exchange Servies

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Netscape 3.0 doesn't include the MAPI transport that was in 2.0. But if you
installed it over 3.0, the 2.0 files should still be there. You can try
editing the MAPISVC.INF file to add these lines and sections:

[Services]
NETSXP=Netscape Internet Transport

[NETSXP]
Providers=NETSCAPE_XP
PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=netsxp.dll
PR_SERVICE_SUPPORT_FILES=netsxp.dll
PR_SERVICE_DELETE_FILES=netsxp.dll
PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=ServiceEntry
PR_SERVICE_WIZARD_ENTRY_NAME=WizardEntry
WIZARD_ENTRY_NAME=WizardEntry
PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=SERVICE_SINGLE_COPY|SERVICE_NO_PRIMARY_IDENTITY

[NETSCAPE_XP]
PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=netsxp.dll
PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_TRANSPORT_PROVIDER
PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=STATUS_PRIMARY_IDENTITY
PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Netscape Internet Transport
PR_DISPLAY_NAME=Netscape Internet Transport

--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

Quote:

> Let me know, please.  I lost netscape internet transport after removing
> and reinstalling exchange.  Netscape support tried and for lack of
> success suggested trying a downloaded version of netscape (newer).  It
> didn't work either and suspect the problem is exchange or win95.

Installing additional Exchange Servies

Post by David T. Witkows » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: First of all download Exchange service packs 2 & 3. You must install 2 then
: 3. You must boot to safe mode to install 3. During these upgrades you can
: add Internet mail

Just for clarification, are you discussing Exchange 4 or Exchange 5?

...dtw

--
"Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case of
dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and