Outlook 98 clients cannot connect to exchange server after installing proxy client 2.0

Outlook 98 clients cannot connect to exchange server after installing proxy client 2.0

Post by Lanny Har » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I just installed Proxy server 2.0 on a separate box with Windows NT 4.0
Service pack 6.  Proxy has service pack 1 installed.  The server has two
nics installed: one to connect to local network, and the second one is
connected to the DSL modem.  Nic number one has a static ip address without
gateway.  nic number two is assigned through DHCP on DSL modem.  Everyone
can browse the internet fine but after installing the proxy client 2.0 the
Outlook 98 cannot connect to the Exchange Server which is located across
town on a T1 line.  If I uninstall the proxy client then Outlook connects to
the Exchange server with no problem.  I can ping by either IP address or
server name.  I've checked the Remote Call procedure settings and that's ok.
I am stuck here and would appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance, Lanny.

1. Win 95/98 Outlook clients cannot connect

I just implemented a new exchange server and, for some reason, Win95/98
Outlook clients cannot connect to the new server.  These same clients
connected fine to our old exchange server but now when they try to
connect, Outlook hangs.  I've removed all services on these clients and
added the exchange service service multiple times, removed and re-
created new mailboxes, and even tried new NT accounts.  Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Exchange Licensing

3. Cannot install outlook 98 on Exchange server

4. Anybody had any problems with this

5. Connecting Outlook 98 client to Exchange server through a Firewall

6. i need an article on building a frontend exch srvr

7. Troubles with Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5.5 (only a few clients connect)

8. Exchange 2000 System Messages Public Folder

9. Outlook 98 clients can't connect to local Exchange server when WAN link is down

10. Connecting Outlook 98 client to Exchange server through a Firewall

11. Some Outlook 98 clients don't connect to Exchange Server 5.5

12. Outlook 98 clients can't connect to local Exchange server when WAN link is down