Can we redirect certain incoming mail to an Internet email address

Can we redirect certain incoming mail to an Internet email address

Post by Simon Chi » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 04:37:47

Is it possible to redirect (not forward) certain incoming
mail to another internet email address??

Here is what happened:
I opened my mail via Outlook-2K.  From there, I set up a
server-based rule which will redirect certain incoming
mail to a Custom Recipient (which is an internet mail
account) then delete the mail.
In reality, those mail arrived then got deleted as
planned.  However, the mail did not get redirected even
though the "Track Message" showed "Message Transfer Out"
to the IMS.  But when sending directly to that Custom
Recipient, mail could go through with no problem.

Any Idea?

Can we redirect certain incoming mail to an Internet email address

Post by Randy Zellne » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:37:25

There is a setting in the properties of the Internet Mail
Service which will prevent rules from passing through
it.  You will need to go to Exchange Administrator, open
the properties of the IMS, then select the Advanced
button.  From there, you will see a check box
titled "Disable automatic replies to the Internet".  This
is enabled by default.  You must disable it before your
rule will work.  Keep in mind that this will allow all
rules to pass through the IMS to the Internet including
Out of Office replies, etc.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by Neal Presto » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:04:19

(not forward) certain incoming

Quote:> mail to another internet email address??

Simon,

Set up a custom recipient (to another internet email address) on the server,
and then got to the properties of the original recipient and under delivery
options put in the new custom recipient

HTH

Neal

1. Directing incoming mail from a certain email address to a certain mailbox

Management at my company has been concerned about email
sent from a certain email address.  They would like to re-
direct messages sent from this address to the
administrator (me), from the server level instead of
applying rules at the client.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thank you in advance.

2. "An unexpected error has occurred" during 5 -> 5.5 upgrade

3. forward/redirect incoming email to another email address

4. Unattended installs of Outlook 2000 in Corporate Enterprise

5. Redirect all emails from a certain address into a generic mailbox

6. Connecting 2 Exchange servers??

7. How do I redirect certain cc:Mail addresses?

8. Change the return adres postmaster@domain.com to mail-error@domain.com

9. SMTP - incoming Email redirect to outside address