Migrating from Outlook 97/MS Mail to Outlook97/Exchange

Migrating from Outlook 97/MS Mail to Outlook97/Exchange

Post by Dave Grubb » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We moved from Microsoft mail clients to Outlook 97 clients with a MS mail
backend.  The personal folder is kept on the client PC.  We now want to
migrate to Exchange 5.5 sp2.  Is there a way to move the mail messages kept
on the client to the Exchange server?

Thanks for any help

Dave Grubbs

Migrating from Outlook 97/MS Mail to Outlook97/Exchange

Post by Ben Smit » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Move the mail back onto the MSMail server and use the migration wizard in
Exchange.

--
Ben Smith, MCSE, MVP

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> We moved from Microsoft mail clients to Outlook 97 clients with a MS mail

Post by Shadwell, Scot » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> We moved from Microsoft mail clients to Outlook 97 clients with a MS mail
> backend.  The personal folder is kept on the client PC.  We now want to
> migrate to Exchange 5.5 sp2.  Is there a way to move the mail messages kept
> on the client to the Exchange server?

> Thanks for any help

> Dave Grubbs

Dave,

From the Outlook client, click on File, Import and Export. Select the Import
from a personal folder file (.pst). It will then walk you through the process
to get it to the server. You may want to take this opportunity to have users
clean out their mailboxes prior to import because import time is most
definitely a function of the size of the mailbox. We had some 20-30 meg
mailboxes that took over an hour to import.

Scott Shadwell

Migrating from Outlook 97/MS Mail to Outlook97/Exchange

Post by Shadwell, Scot » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> We moved from Microsoft mail clients to Outlook 97 clients with a MS mail
> backend.  The personal folder is kept on the client PC.  We now want to
> migrate to Exchange 5.5 sp2.  Is there a way to move the mail messages kept
> on the client to the Exchange server?

> Thanks for any help

> Dave Grubbs

Dave,

From the Outlook client, click on File, Import and Export. Select the Import
from a personal folder file (.pst). It will then walk you through the process
to get it to the server. You may want to take this opportunity to have users
clean out their mailboxes prior to import because import time is most
definitely a function of the size of the mailbox. We had some 20-30 meg
mailboxes that took over an hour to import.

Scott Shadwell

1. Migrating from Outlook 97/MS Mail to Outlook97/Exchange

We moved from Microsoft mail clients to Outlook 97 clients with a MS mail
backend.  The personal folder is kept on the client PC.  We now want to
migrate to Exchange 5.5 sp2.  Is there a way to move the mail messages kept
on the client to the Exchange server?

Thanks for any help

Dave Grubbs

2. Pegasus Mail Conversion

3. Outlook 97 for Mac as MS Mail Client?

4. Routered connection

5. MS Outlook 97 and CC:Mail value pack

6. SSL and Public folder admin

7. Performance

8. MS Exchange - Critical Stop Sound and Outlook 97 - extra title bars

9. MS Exchange + Outlook 97 Calendar Sharing

10. MS Outlook 97 and Exchange 4.0

11. URGENT OutLook 97/Ms eXchange 5.5 sp1