Redirect OWA to SSL pages via ASP

Post by Pete Rub » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:26:52

Running OWA for Exchange 5.5 on SSL.  Using Cold Fusion, have created a
redirect page to direct to my SSL.  ie.  If the user puts in
http://www.mydomain.com/exchange, the default.htm & default.asp pages I
redirect to index.cfm.  The index.cfm then checks for SSL, then directs to
https://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp.  It works as intended.  But, if
the user types directly http://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp (no SSL),
I also want it to redirect to https://.  How do I do this in ASP?  Hoping I
can add it diectly to the logon.asp page...  In effect, getting rid of the
need of the index.cfm page I created.

Thanx.
Pete Ruby

Redirect OWA to SSL pages via ASP

Post by Al Mulnic » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:08:20

Not sure about cold fusion, but here's some sample code to help redirect

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/co...

Quote:> Running OWA for Exchange 5.5 on SSL.  Using Cold Fusion, have created a
> redirect page to direct to my SSL.  ie.  If the user puts in
> http://www.mydomain.com/exchange, the default.htm & default.asp pages I
> redirect to index.cfm.  The index.cfm then checks for SSL, then directs to
> https://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp.  It works as intended.  But,
if
> the user types directly http://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp (no
SSL),
> I also want it to redirect to https://.  How do I do this in ASP?  Hoping
> can add it diectly to the logon.asp page...  In effect, getting rid of the
> need of the index.cfm page I created.

> Thanx.
> Pete Ruby

Redirect OWA to SSL pages via ASP

Post by Pete Rub » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:10:57

Al,

I followed the procedure listed below.  The only thing I did different was
put the new redirect page in the same directory as all the other default
redirect pages: \winnt\help\iishelp\common\ .  I now get a 403.1 or 403.2
(Forbidden) error.  Any ideas?

It did work once, but then stopped.  Very strange...

Quote:> Not sure about cold fusion, but here's some sample code to help redirect

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/co...
ecurity/5min/5min-301.asp

> > Running OWA for Exchange 5.5 on SSL.  Using Cold Fusion, have created a
> > redirect page to direct to my SSL.  ie.  If the user puts in
> > http://www.mydomain.com/exchange, the default.htm & default.asp pages I
> > redirect to index.cfm.  The index.cfm then checks for SSL, then directs
> > https://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp.  It works as intended.
But,
> if
> > the user types directly http://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp (no
> SSL),
> > I also want it to redirect to https://.  How do I do this in ASP?
Hoping
> > can add it diectly to the logon.asp page...  In effect, getting rid of
the
> > need of the index.cfm page I created.

> > Thanx.
> > Pete Ruby

Redirect OWA to SSL pages via ASP

Post by Pete Rub » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:27:59

Al,

I'm all set.  I was using HTML redirects instead of ASP, and had the
redirect set time at 0.  If I set it to 1, its OK.

Thanx again
Pete

> Al,

> I followed the procedure listed below.  The only thing I did different was
> put the new redirect page in the same directory as all the other default
> redirect pages: \winnt\help\iishelp\common\ .  I now get a 403.1 or 403.2
> (Forbidden) error.  Any ideas?

> It did work once, but then stopped.  Very strange...

> > Not sure about cold fusion, but here's some sample code to help redirect

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/co...
> ecurity/5min/5min-301.asp

> > > Running OWA for Exchange 5.5 on SSL.  Using Cold Fusion, have created
> > > redirect page to direct to my SSL.  ie.  If the user puts in
> > > http://www.mydomain.com/exchange, the default.htm & default.asp pages
> > > redirect to index.cfm.  The index.cfm then checks for SSL, then
directs
> > > https://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp.  It works as intended.
> But,
> > if
> > > the user types directly http://www.mydomain.com/exchange/logon.asp (no
> > SSL),
> > > I also want it to redirect to https://.  How do I do this in ASP?
> Hoping
> > > can add it diectly to the logon.asp page...  In effect, getting rid of
> the
> > > need of the index.cfm page I created.

> > > Thanx.
> > > Pete Ruby

1. Display Unread Email via ASP Web Page

I need to write an ASP page that can display unread email messages to NT
authenticated users.  IIS and Exchange are on separate servers.  If
possible, I also want to show them any appointments/tasks for the
current day.  Where do I begin?  Do I research CDONTS, MAPI, something
else?  The unread mail must be displayed on a small section of the
screen, so they can't just use Outlook web access.  I know the user's NT
name and email box name.  They are authenticated.  I'd rather not need
to prompt for a password if possible.  Any tips *greatly* appreciated.

web page crashes often on my machine).  THANK YOU!

2. Cannot preview saved images

3. Mailing a file via ASP page

4. Modifying User Name

5. Bulk Mailbox creation via .asp web page.

6. Problem with ADO Connection

7. Posting to a public folder via an ASP page

8. SMTP Relay Between Parent And Child Domain

9. create a contact via ADO in an ASP page

10. Posting to a public folder via an ASP page

11. SSL redirect for OWA

12. Redirect OWA to SSL URL

13. redirecting OWA to use ssl