How to include Ex2k in Sharepoint search?

How to include Ex2k in Sharepoint search?

Post by Al Blak » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:38:36

I have just pulled down and installed the eval of sharepoint portal server -
becuase we are looking for a comprehensive single point indexing/searching
portal for our organisation. We already have Ex2k setup on a server with
full-text indexing on public and private stores. I thought it would be
trivial to tell the search engine to add the existing Ex2k server as an
index source....maybe it is but I cant work it out.
There is an option to crawl an Ex 5.5 server - but not Ex2k. Is it so simple
that it doesnt need an option?!!
If we have the ex2k on a SEPARATE box to SPS, how do we configure SPS to use
Ex2k in searches?

Al Blake,
Australia

How to include Ex2k in Sharepoint search?

Post by MVP » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:08:29

Have you seen
http://www.microsoft.com/Sharepoint/techinfo/planning/fullsearch.asp?

Looks as if it might help.

Missy Koslosky
Exchange MVP

I have just pulled down and installed the eval of sharepoint portal server -
becuase we are looking for a comprehensive single point indexing/searching
portal for our organisation. We already have Ex2k setup on a server with
full-text indexing on public and private stores. I thought it would be
trivial to tell the search engine to add the existing Ex2k server as an
index source....maybe it is but I cant work it out.
There is an option to crawl an Ex 5.5 server - but not Ex2k. Is it so simple
that it doesnt need an option?!!
If we have the ex2k on a SEPARATE box to SPS, how do we configure SPS to use
Ex2k in searches?

Al Blake,
Australia

1. How to include Ex2k in Sharepoint search?

I have just pulled down and installed the eval of sharepoint portal server -
becuase we are looking for a comprehensive single point indexing/searching
portal for our organisation. We already have Ex2k setup on a server with
full-text indexing on public and private stores. I thought it would be
trivial to tell the search engine to add the existing Ex2k server as an
index source....maybe it is but I cant work it out.
There is an option to crawl an Ex 5.5 server - but not Ex2k. Is it so simple
that it doesnt need an option?!!
If we have the ex2k on a SEPARATE box to SPS, how do we configure SPS to use
Ex2k in searches?

Al Blake,
Australia

2. Problem with Rules Wizard in Exchange 5.5

3. Can no longer send MSN email & new ISP's email won't go thru

4. When should one use Public folders versus SharePoint Team Services or SharePoint Portal Server?, pcumming

5. HELP!!! - Windows 98 and Windows for Workgroups Mail Problem

6. Instant Messaging Install

7. searching all users mail including attachments

8. Moving Ex2k to Ex2k new server

9. Ex2k Server or Ex2k Entreprise server ?

10. Ex2k <-> Ex2k communication problem

11. migration from ex2k to ex2k