Where do I add External Client Address

Post by Keith Chadwic » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 13:44:32

Ever notice that 2 seconds after you ask a dumb question
you find the answer yourself!! doh!  Sorry for the use of
the bits and bites.

Keith

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Ok this way so easy in 5.5 and I am sure it is in 2000
but
>where the hell do I add in external addresses into
>exchange 2000 so that they show up in the global Address
>book?  In 5.5 I simply entered some basic information and
>email address in the 5.5 administrator and everyone could
>see them.

>Am I stupid or am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

>Keith Chadwick
>.

Where do I add External Client Address

Post by AI » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:40:55

Hello,

You need to create a mail-enabled contact. Please find instructions in "How
to Configure a Mailbox to Forward Mail to a Mail-Enabled Contact (Q281926)"
article  at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281926
.

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> Ok this way so easy in 5.5 and I am sure it is in 2000 but
> where the hell do I add in external addresses into
> exchange 2000 so that they show up in the global Address
> book?  In 5.5 I simply entered some basic information and
> email address in the 5.5 administrator and everyone could
> see them.

> Am I stupid or am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

> Keith Chadwick

1. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

How do I add external addresses to the Global Address Book
on the exchange 2000 server, GAL,  for people who don’t
have accounts on the network.
Example, I have a list of customer contacts in a public
exchange folder of type contacts.  I needs at least their
names and email addresses to show up in the GAL.  I have a
software package that scans to email but only uses
the “Global Address Book” on the exchange server.

2. Display chinese for title in outlool express

3. Exchange 5.5 mailboxes losing permissions after ADC install

4. A stupid PST file

5. Adding users/external internet addresses to the global address list

6. Changing the Domain Name in Exchange 5.5 Server

7. allowing client to add internet address to address book

8. Adding external e-mail address in global list

9. adding an external email address to a distributon list

10. Adding an external email address in Exchange 2000 Server

11. Adding external email address to distribution list