Slow sending outbound messages

Post by Andrea Lai » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:01:17

Our company is using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000
clients.  Server and client computers are all running
Windows 2000.  Lately, we have noticed a delay in sending
messages externally; all internal LAN email is processed
quickly, but outbound mail sometimes takes up to a minute
to process.  We haven't made any changes on the Exchange
2000 server with the exception of MS Critical Updates and
security patches as they become available from the Windows
Update site.

We are connected to the Internet via DSL provided by
PacBell.  We have had trouble in the past with this ISP
(losing connection or very slow), so it might be a symptom
of PacBell's service.  Or could this be a symptom with the
Exchange 2000 server instead?

Andrea

1. Outbound messages sending VERY slow in outlook w/exchange

Hopefully someone here can help me with this one...

There is an 8 client network running Small Business Server 4.5 and Exchange
5.5. All client workstations are running windows 98 with outlook 2000.  7 of
the 8 machines send mail flawlessly, with no problems whatsoever, but one of
the machines, which is a BRAND NEW Dell Dimension 500 with a fresh install
of Outlook sends mail to Outside recipients very slowly...domain based
emails send instantly from this machine, but any outside address - i.e.

The settings on this machine are IDENTICAL to others.  As well as the NT
account and Exchange settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Chris Wiser
NConnect Internet - Wisconsin's BEST Internet Service Provider
888-644-0728 - http://www.nconnect.net/
Now offering high speed DSL Service! Call for details.

2. Can a mailbox/account check internet e-mail on the server?

3. Slow sending outbound mail

4. extracting headers for import.csv (head*.exe wanted)

5. Outbound Messages Slow-

6. Exchange & Backup Exec....

7. Exchange 2K not sending outbound external SMTP messages following power failure

8. e-mail address for public folders

9. Outbound messages are not getting sent

10. Preventing Client from sending outbound messages

11. Multiple SMTP messages being sent outbound

12. exchange sends message but leaves it in outbound queue

13. Cant' Send Outbound Messages