Synching info in Public Folder 'Contacts ' with my personal Folder 'Contacts.

Synching info in Public Folder 'Contacts ' with my personal Folder 'Contacts.

Post by Gary Richa » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:24:31

Us pilgrims who travel with laptops would like to know if there is a
way to update our Contacts information/files that live under our
personal mailboxes with our network's 'Public Folders' Contact
information without doing a delete, then copy (or not delete and copy,
or delete and import, which for me yields multiple listings for same
contact)

I am thinking of something that is similar to the way that Palm Hot
Synch's, where one can update in both directions.

Anyone with a recommendation ?  Thanks.

Synching info in Public Folder 'Contacts ' with my personal Folder 'Contacts.

Post by Ed Woodric » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:35:06

Add the Public Folder to your Public Folder Favorites. Then under Tools -
Send/Receive settings, set the folder to be available while offline. If you
right click on the folder you can also make it an Outlook Address Book and
it will show up when you hit the To: button on a message.

Ed Woodrick MVP - Exchange

Quote:> Us pilgrims who travel with laptops would like to know if there is a
> way to update our Contacts information/files that live under our
> personal mailboxes with our network's 'Public Folders' Contact
> information without doing a delete, then copy (or not delete and copy,
> or delete and import, which for me yields multiple listings for same
> contact)

> I am thinking of something that is similar to the way that Palm Hot
> Synch's, where one can update in both directions.

> Anyone with a recommendation ?  Thanks.

Synching info in Public Folder 'Contacts ' with my personal Folder 'Contacts.

Post by Steve Atherto » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:24:27

I have been doing just that for a Compaq handheld using a
product called XTND Connect PC. Sync to Public folders is
unsupported but does work. They also have enterprise
products which do exactly what you want.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Us pilgrims who travel with laptops would like to know if
there is a
>way to update our Contacts information/files that live
under our
>personal mailboxes with our network's 'Public Folders'
Contact
>information without doing a delete, then copy (or not
delete and copy,
>or delete and import, which for me yields multiple
listings for same
>contact)

>I am thinking of something that is similar to the way
that Palm Hot
>Synch's, where one can update in both directions.

>Anyone with a recommendation ?  Thanks.
>.

Synching info in Public Folder 'Contacts ' with my personal Folder 'Contacts.

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:30:39

Not necessary for a laptop if you drag the PFs to your PF Favorites & set
them to sync....

> I have been doing just that for a Compaq handheld using a
> product called XTND Connect PC. Sync to Public folders is
> unsupported but does work. They also have enterprise
> products which do exactly what you want.

1. Personal addressbook misses 'public contacts'

Hi,

I have a group of users who are sharing (besides their own mailbox) an
e-mail account, with contacts. Unfortunatly when they want to use
personal distribution lists with the 'contacts' of the additional public
account thay can't find the contacts... (They only see their own
contacts in the addressbook).

Is there a way to also use the additional contacts in the addressbook
(private distribution lists)????

Thanks in advanced!

Randal

2. CDO1.21/ASP/VBScript - MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)

3. Retrieve deleted folders from 'Public Folders'

4. Remote Mail (Internet) with Exchange 4 client doesn't work!

5. Team Folders - Contact Folder - Can't add new contacts

6. Reinstall

7. Can't view personal contacts folder using OWA

8. setup for macintosh

9. contact folders don't display exchange user's

10. Outlook: Can't move items from personal to Public folder

11. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )

12. why i can't see the public folder after i create a public folder

13. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )