Other users Calendar in Outlook 97

Post by Ronny Ruste » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am experimenting with Exchange server 5.5 and some different clients.
I am using Outlook 2000 (Norwegian), one other user is using Outlook 98
(English) and the third user is using Outlook 97 (English). I have done this
to try to share my calendar:
* I moved the path to "Deliver new messages to: Postboks - <My username>"
* I imported the information in my .pst file to the new location. The old
calendar folder was called Calendar, the new is called Kalender.
* I added the other users to have read access to this folder

The user with Outlook 98 can now go to File>Open>Other User's Folder, Select
my name from list and the folder Calendar. He then can see my Kalender
folder. (Note the difference in names, Calendar vs. Kalender)
The user with Outlook 97 is trying to go to File>Open Special
Folder>Exchange Server Folder, Select my name from list and the folder
Calendar. He gets an error saying that the folder does not exist.
Why does Outlook 98 find the folder but not Outlook 97?