VB problem with exchange

Post by Anthony Hodge » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to write a program in VB that can read the Sent Items folder
in Exchange.

I can browse the inbox and send mail without problems and even get it to
fax, but I would like to see the messages in the Sent Items folder as
well.

Any help at all will be useful.

Please respond to the newsgroups.
Anthony Hodges.

VB problem with exchange

Post by CDOJunki » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

This code snippet will find the Sent Items folder, assuming that your
program has a valid CDO session object.

Set colInfostores = objSession.InfoStores
Set objInostore = colInfostores.Item(1) 'should be the mailbox
Set objRootFolder = objInfostore.RootFolder
Set colFolders = objRootFolder.Folders
For Each objFolder in colFolders
    if objFolder.Name = "Sent Items" then exit for
Next objFolder
debug.print objFolder.Name

>I am trying to write a program in VB that can read the Sent Items folder
>in Exchange.

>I can browse the inbox and send mail without problems and even get it to
>fax, but I would like to see the messages in the Sent Items folder as
>well.

>Any help at all will be useful.

>Please respond to the newsgroups.
>Anthony Hodges.

VB problem with exchange

Post by Siegfried Webe » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Why not use CDO 1.2 with:

Const CdoDefaultFolderCalendar = 0
Const CdoDefaultFolderContacts = 5
Const CdoDefaultFolderDeletedItems = 4
Const CdoDefaultFolderInbox = 1
Const CdoDefaultFolderJournal = 6
Const CdoDefaultFolderNotes = 7
Const CdoDefaultFolderOutbox = 2
Const CdoDefaultFolderSentItems = 3
Const CdoDefaultFolderTasks = 8

Set objFolder = objSession.GetDefaultFolder(CdoDefaultFolderSentItems)

--
</Siegfried>

>This code snippet will find the Sent Items folder, assuming that your
>program has a valid CDO session object.

>Set colInfostores = objSession.InfoStores
>Set objInostore = colInfostores.Item(1) 'should be the mailbox
>Set objRootFolder = objInfostore.RootFolder
>Set colFolders = objRootFolder.Folders
>For Each objFolder in colFolders
>    if objFolder.Name = "Sent Items" then exit for
>Next objFolder
>debug.print objFolder.Name

>>I am trying to write a program in VB that can read the Sent Items folder
>>in Exchange.

>>I can browse the inbox and send mail without problems and even get it to
>>fax, but I would like to see the messages in the Sent Items folder as
>>well.

>>Any help at all will be useful.

>>Please respond to the newsgroups.
>>Anthony Hodges.

1. VB problem with exchange

I am trying to write a program in VB that can read the Sent Items folder
in Exchange.

I can browse the inbox and send mail without problems and even get it to
fax, but I would like to see the messages in the Sent Items folder as
well.

Any help at all will be useful.

Please respond to the newsgroups.
Anthony Hodges.

2. Where does the email go?

3. Exchange 5.0 Upgrade and Move

4. How to move Exchange to a new server?

5. duplicate messages......help

6. Creating Exchange Users in VB or VB.NET

7. Exchange / VB / DCOM problem

8. OLE problems in Word 95 and Exchange via VB

9. VB for MS-Exchange loading problem

10. OLE problems in Word 95 and Exchange via VB