A little fuzzy on OWA

A little fuzzy on OWA

Post by Dave » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:55:52



Hey there, we just upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 (sp3).  Well
previously with 5.5 our users could logon from home to
http://mail.abcdomain.com.  Now they have to logon to
http://mail.abcdomain.com/exchange.  How would I go about
changing this back to the other way.  I've looked through
numerous white papers which discuss customizing the OWA
login, logout, the way the page is displayed with
flashing numbers and what have you.  Basically, how to do
everything with OWA except how to change from
http://abcdomain.com/exchange.  Users hate change as you
all know.  Hey, thanks a lot in advance!

Dave

 
 
 

A little fuzzy on OWA

Post by Michae » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:36:44


Easiest thing to do would be to set a deafult.asp page in the root that
redirects the user to the correct address.
Something like this:


<%
Response.Redirect(http://mail.abcdomain.com/exchange)
%>

HTH


Quote:> Hey there, we just upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 (sp3).  Well
> previously with 5.5 our users could logon from home to
> http://mail.abcdomain.com.  Now they have to logon to
> http://mail.abcdomain.com/exchange.  How would I go about
> changing this back to the other way.  I've looked through
> numerous white papers which discuss customizing the OWA
> login, logout, the way the page is displayed with
> flashing numbers and what have you.  Basically, how to do
> everything with OWA except how to change from
> http://abcdomain.com/exchange.  Users hate change as you
> all know.  Hey, thanks a lot in advance!

> Dave


 
 
 

A little fuzzy on OWA

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:45:49


Hi Dave

In addition to Michael's suggestion, this will also work

319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


Quote:> Hey there, we just upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 (sp3).  Well
> previously with 5.5 our users could logon from home to
> http://mail.abcdomain.com.  Now they have to logon to
> http://mail.abcdomain.com/exchange.  How would I go about
> changing this back to the other way.  I've looked through
> numerous white papers which discuss customizing the OWA
> login, logout, the way the page is displayed with
> flashing numbers and what have you.  Basically, how to do
> everything with OWA except how to change from
> http://abcdomain.com/exchange.  Users hate change as you
> all know.  Hey, thanks a lot in advance!

> Dave

 
 
 

A little fuzzy on OWA

Post by Dave » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:18:27


You..... are........ AWESOME!!!
Seriously, I went through numerous white papers to no
avail.  And, in the end it turns out to be an obscure
KBase 5 liner.  Thanks again!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Dave

>In addition to Michael's suggestion, this will also work

>319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default
Web Site
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878

>--
>Melissa Travers, MCSE
>Microsoft Exchange Support

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This

alias is for newsgroup
>purposes only.

>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.



>> Hey there, we just upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 (sp3).  
Well
>> previously with 5.5 our users could logon from home to
>> http://mail.abcdomain.com.  Now they have to logon to
>> http://mail.abcdomain.com/exchange.  How would I go
about
>> changing this back to the other way.  I've looked
through
>> numerous white papers which discuss customizing the OWA
>> login, logout, the way the page is displayed with
>> flashing numbers and what have you.  Basically, how to
do
>> everything with OWA except how to change from
>> http://abcdomain.com/exchange.  Users hate change as
you
>> all know.  Hey, thanks a lot in advance!

>> Dave

>.

 
 
 

A little fuzzy on OWA

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:50:52


Hi Dave,

Don't say it was an obscure KB, I wrote this one!!  Seriously is there
anything in the wording that would have made this KB article easier for you
find and I can modify it.

Glad it helped anyway :)

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


> You..... are........ AWESOME!!!
> Seriously, I went through numerous white papers to no
> avail.  And, in the end it turns out to be an obscure
> KBase 5 liner.  Thanks again!

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi Dave

> >In addition to Michael's suggestion, this will also work

> >319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default
> Web Site
> >http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878

> >--
> >Melissa Travers, MCSE
> >Microsoft Exchange Support

> >Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
> alias is for newsgroup
> >purposes only.

> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.



> >> Hey there, we just upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 (sp3).
> Well
> >> previously with 5.5 our users could logon from home to
> >> http://mail.abcdomain.com.  Now they have to logon to
> >> http://mail.abcdomain.com/exchange.  How would I go
> about
> >> changing this back to the other way.  I've looked
> through
> >> numerous white papers which discuss customizing the OWA
> >> login, logout, the way the page is displayed with
> >> flashing numbers and what have you.  Basically, how to
> do
> >> everything with OWA except how to change from
> >> http://abcdomain.com/exchange.  Users hate change as
> you
> >> all know.  Hey, thanks a lot in advance!

> >> Dave

> >.

 
 
 

1. ETRN : I'm a little fuzzy !!

Dear all.
I have a basic understanding of what ETRN does but I feel that I don't know
enough. Can anyone out there give me a better idea on what it does why it's
needed and when it's required. Failing that are their any good documents on
this subject ?
Cheers in advance.
Bob Payne.


ps Sorry if this question has been posted before, I've obviously just missed
them.

2. owa problem

3. OWA fails after clusternode switchover (at least....)

4. Looking for Appfarm and launcher.dll custom ction source - I'm desperate!!!

5. Little help setting up owa for first time

6. exchange 2000

7. CDO Little red and white flag Again!!

8. ex 5.0

9. It's only one little command!

10. CDO: Little red or withe flag

11. Can anyone solve this little problem?

12. Converting from 5.0 Eval to 5.0 Release--less than 4 days to complete