I think it's easy

Post by Yasmi » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:49:19

Hello experts,
I have searched the Microsoft web site for this article
and came back with no real answers.
Lets say I have a site hosted in USA with abc.com and my
outlook is configured to extract the mail via pop3
service through a normal dialup.
One day I decided to install Microsoft Exchange at home
with ADSL connection and would like the Exchange server
to obtain all the emails from abc.com to the exchange
server. What, where and how exactly do I configure the
exchange server to extract all the emails from pop3 and
the exchange server becomes the actual mail server for my
abc.com?

I think it's easy

Post by David Ruschine » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 17:18:49

for Ms Exchange to get the abc.com emails you need to change the DNS MX
record.
I would also suggest getting a fixed IP. You could use a POP3 connector, but
It may be a waste of you money. as it is a home based (assuming small)
server.

DR

Quote:> Hello experts,
> I have searched the Microsoft web site for this article
> and came back with no real answers.
> Lets say I have a site hosted in USA with abc.com and my
> outlook is configured to extract the mail via pop3
> service through a normal dialup.
> One day I decided to install Microsoft Exchange at home
> with ADSL connection and would like the Exchange server
> to obtain all the emails from abc.com to the exchange
> server. What, where and how exactly do I configure the
> exchange server to extract all the emails from pop3 and
> the exchange server becomes the actual mail server for my
> abc.com?

1. I think it's easy

Hello experts,
I have searched the Microsoft web site for this article
and came back with no real answers.
Lets say I have a site hosted in USA with abc.com and my
outlook is configured to extract the mail via pop3
service through a normal dialup.
One day I decided to install Microsoft Exchange at home
with ADSL connection and would like the Exchange server
to obtain all the emails from abc.com to the exchange
server. What, where and how exactly do I configure the
exchange server to extract all the emails from pop3 and
the exchange server becomes the actual mail server for my
abc.com?

2. How to pass a parameter to the OWA search dialog

3. Disappearing Calendar Entries as the Time Passes

4. SMTP Ignoring Recipient Policy?

5. Quick question (easy too I think)

6. Exchange Admin 5.5 error on W2K Pro SP1

7. Upgrading from Enterprise Trial to Exchange Standard (aka not easy as you think)

8. easy question, I think

9. Exchange thinks I'm out of licenses...

10. Exchange 2000 server still thinks it's Standard Edition

11. Courrpt DB's I think