Event ID 1023 in Event Log

Post by Sarah Hetric » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have recently set up a new user. He is using Outlook 98 on a computer that
was originally used by someone else. We set up the new user's profile on the
computer. He is only opening his own mailbox. The user is not having any
problems, but every time he logs in, an entry gets written to the Event Log
with Event ID 1023. The text of the message is something like:

(newuser) was validated as (newuser) but was unable to log on to (olduser).

Does anyone know why I am getting this message? This is happening with more
than the one user.

1. Event ID 1023 in event logs

Can anyone help with explaining the following taht seems to populate my event
logs. Technet doesn't help much.

event is as follows

The description for Event ID ( 1023 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Private ) could
not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
DOMAIN\ANGELADA, /o=Ryb/ou=Edin/cn=Recipients/cn=Ang, /o=Ryb/ou=Edin/cn=Recipients
/cn=angel.

Any help would be great

2. Exchange RAS Client Problem

3. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

4. EXCHANGE CONTACT LIST CLIENT?

5. Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

6. ?? when i force smtp authenticate,i can't receive any mail from other domain

7. Event ID 1023 - filling up application log

8. Set Postmaster

9. Event ID 1023

10. event Id = 1023

11. Event ID 1023 Failure Audit Errors

12. event ID:1023

13. HELP ||||||| Event ID 1023 - MSExchangeIS Private