cannot connect to exchange server after Outlook restart

cannot connect to exchange server after Outlook restart

Post by pete » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:13:08

I setup an exchange server account on a client computer
(windows xp).  The first time I open Outlook, all is
fine.  I then open Outlook a second time, and it the
exchange server is unavailable.  I have tried it with
multiple mailboxes in multiple profiles.  It does the same
thing.  I can ping the server by IP and by name.  I can
connect to all shares on the server as well.

Any ideas?

1. Outlook clients unable to connect to Exchange server until restarting server

I have an Exchange 5.5 SP3 server running on NT 4.0 SP5.  This server has
been up continually (never needing to be restarted) for almost two months
straight.  All of a sudden, when I came into the office today, all of the
users were complaining that their Outlook was hanging and they could not
access their mail.  I looked at the Exchange server and all of the services
were started.  However, I went to restart the server.  The server would not
shut down, it just remained with the box stating "Saving information to
disk".  So I just powered off the server and powered it back on.  Should I
do any maintanence on the databases?  And does anyone know what may have
caused this?  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  I looked throuth
the Event Viewer system and application logs and saw nothing unusual.  Are
there any other logs I can look at?  Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

2. Backup

3. Exchange Server 5.5 cannot receive inbound messages after restarting Exchange

4. OUTLOOK 98 PROFILES

5. Outlook 98 clients cannot connect to exchange server after installing proxy client 2.0

6. HELP! Exchange Client loosing profiles

7. Outlook 2000 cannot connect to Exchange server

8. How do I share a non-default calendar folder?

9. Outlook 2000 cannot connect to Exchange 2000 Server

10. Outlook 2002 cannot connect to multiple Exchange Servers

11. Cannot connect to Exchange 2000 server with outlook express

12. Outlook cannot connect to Exchange 2000 Server

13. Outlook clients cannot connect to Exchange 2000 Server.