Help with slow Outlook

Post by Jane Smi » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:29:55

I'm using Outlook remotely and it is really slow.

I get a lots of attachemnts. It takes over half an hour to download and attachment.

I complain to the network admin (when he is in) but he never helps me.

Can someone help me?

Jane

Help with slow Outlook

Post by Mark Clar » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:12:02

How are you accessing remotely, from Outlook Web Access or via pop3/imap?
Do you have dial up connection?

Mark Clark

Quote:> I'm using Outlook remotely and it is really slow.

> I get a lots of attachemnts. It takes over half an hour to download and
attachment.

> I complain to the network admin (when he is in) but he never helps me.

> Can someone help me?

> Jane

1. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

Hi all,

I have installed Exchange sever 4.0 from the Backoffice 2.5 package and
exchange is very slow.  It takes approx 45 seconds to load exchange on
the client machine.  Exchange is installed locally on a Pentium 133 16
megs and it takes about 30 seconds to bring up a window to send or
receive mail and about 45 seconds to get messages.  The server is a
Pentium 166 with 64 megs and there is only 1 mailbox, I have just
installed it, and am just testing it.  Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance for the advice
Sue

2. if I change domain on some mail user i can't log on to exchange!!

3. slow connection, please help - Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003

4. Inbox rules - Are there limits?

5. outlook clients running REAL slow - help please

6. Oversize information store

7. outlook XP slow to open new unread mail Plz Help

8. Monitoring E-Mails with Exchange 5.5

9. help please - 50% of Outlook clients running extremely slow

10. OWA SLOW SLOW SLOW

11. Slow slow slow !

12. Slow Slow Slow

13. SLOW SLOW SLOW