pop3 receive error

Post by Keith Kiedrowsk » Fri, 02 May 2003 05:18:58

a RAS client can send email but not recieve [exchange 5.5
outlook 2000]
the user name i tried regular and domain\user name\alias
and still can send but not recieve
i set up a pop at the main office and it was the same
thing so I don't know what I am missing

pop3 receive error

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 13:22:08

Keith,

I don't know the exact error that you are seeing, but I will take a guess at
the resolution:

Try Secure Password Authentication on the client

Check the allowed authentication types in the properties of the IMS on the
server

If these don't work, repost with more information... we want to help!
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> a RAS client can send email but not recieve [exchange 5.5
> outlook 2000]
> the user name i tried regular and domain\user name\alias
> and still can send but not recieve
> i set up a pop at the main office and it was the same
> thing so I don't know what I am missing

1. POP3 Error (Socket Error 10061)

I have MS Exchange 5.5 installed. Everything was working fine, but now I cannot telnet into Port 110 (POP3).

When I use Outlook Express to connect to the Exchange server I get this error..

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: '<account name>', Server: '<IP_Address>', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

Why suddenly this cropped up.

What can I do?

Would re-installing any service, or part of Exchange help?

People cannot retrieve emails,

Thx

--
sanjeev malhotra

2. Problem with attachments in OWA 2000

3. IMC???

4. "HELP" multiple messages (exchange 5.5)

5. Receive and route external POP3 email

6. "error c1040af4 when I try to delete mailbox" - Help

7. Unable to receive mail through POP3 access!!!

8. OE cant receive all messages via POP3

9. Email Received via POP3, not delivered to User

10. POP3 can't receive

11. How to receive External POP3 e-mail