Installing Exchange MAPI Service Provider without installing full client

Installing Exchange MAPI Service Provider without installing full client

Post by Ronald den O » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

We plan to add (Exchange) mail connectivity to all of our 100 Windows NT
Servers for alerting purposes. Since the minimum installation of Exchange
5.0 client is still 11 MB's we're thinking of installing just the MAPI
subsystem and the Exhange Service provider.

Does anybody know how this could be done?

Thanks...

Ronald den Os

Rabobank Netherlands

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>We plan to add (Exchange) mail connectivity to all of our 100 Windows NT
>Servers for alerting purposes. Since the minimum installation of Exchange
>5.0 client is still 11 MB's we're thinking of installing just the MAPI
>subsystem and the Exhange Service provider.

>Does anybody know how this could be done?

    The only components that need to be installed are the base code for
Exchange and Schedule+, and the Exchange Server service.  I believe several
other mail services are installed by default (MS Mail, Internet mail,
Personal Folders/Address Book) and can't be "not installed"; they have to be
removed.  However, they're only a few kilobytes at most, so it's not a big
deal... if you think your users can handle it, you don't even have to
install the help files...

1. Q: Installing MAPI and Service Providers

I would like to Install MAPI (not simple) on a system without Outlook or Exchange Client and possibly use some of the default
Service Providers (SMTP Transport, Address Book and Message Store) supplied by both Outlook and Exchange Client.

A) Does anyone know if Microsoft permits these MAPI Service Providers to be installed without the e-mail client?

B) How does one go about installing the above without the e-mail clients?

Can I have my cake and eat it too?

TIA,

Jeff

2. IMC tracking in Exch. Serv. 5.5

3. Mail queue

4. Mac Exchange Client without installing Mac Services/Volume

5. Microsoft Schedule+ Free Busy Connector

6. Using Exchange via Extended MAPI without installing Outlook?

7. Exchange 5.5 and CDONTS

8. Installing Messenger Svc after full Exchange 2k install

9. can't re-install Exchange without re-installing NT

10. Can you install OWA without installing Exchange?

11. Exchange Service without installing Outlook

12. Installing MAPI client on Exchange Server computer