Synch - mail stores 2X domains

Post by John Reva » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 09:55:59

Hello

I was wondering if there was any way to automatically synch the mail store
(inbox, calendar, contacts etc) from one Exchange server located in one
domain, with a different exchange server located in a second un related
domain. for example any mail that hits the inbox of exchange A, domain A
gets automatically copied to Exchange server B on domain B.  Only one way,
buy always running or synching -  not a batch or one off thing.

I was exploring using rules that come w/ Outlook 2000 & XP, however they
don't seem to be server side friendly.

Synch - mail stores 2X domains

Post by John Eddy - M » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:29:56

Quote:> Hello

> I was wondering if there was any way to automatically synch the mail store
> (inbox, calendar, contacts etc) from one Exchange server located in one
> domain, with a different exchange server located in a second un related
> domain. for example any mail that hits the inbox of exchange A, domain A
> gets automatically copied to Exchange server B on domain B.  Only one way,
> buy always running or synching -  not a batch or one off thing.

> I was exploring using rules that come w/ Outlook 2000 & XP, however they
> don't seem to be server side friendly.

John,

Set up a Mail-Enabled Contact in the Active Directory with the email
address for the user on the secondary server.  On the Delivery Options
tab of the user, set the contact to be the contact.  You may be able to
just put the smtp address on the delivery options tab.  I don't have an
Ex2k box in front of me to verify, but its easy enough to test.

John Eddy
Exchange Communities PM
--
Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

1. mail store synch 2X domains

Hello

I was wondering if there was any way to automatically synch the mail store
(inbox, calendar, contacts etc) from one Exchange server located in one
domain, with a different exchange server located in a second un related
domain. for example any mail that hits the inbox of exchange A, domain A
gets automatically copied to Exchange server B on domain B.  Only one way,
buy always running or synching -  not a batch or one off thing.

I was exploring using rules that come w/ Outlook 2000 & XP, however they
don't seem to be server side friendly.

2. e-mail problem

3. Mail store synch 2X domains

4. LDAP

5. mail store synch 2X domains

6. PST folder too big - full of attachments?

7. Exchange 2x CPU or not 2x CPU

8. Where in Exchange 5.5 do I enter an IP address to Block messages?

9. 2x Exchange servers 2x Sites 1x Domain how to setup?

10. 2x Exchange servers 2x Sites 1x Domain howto setup?

11. E2k - same mail 2x ???