Net Folders Through Exchange Server to Internet Mail Recipient Does Not Work

Net Folders Through Exchange Server to Internet Mail Recipient Does Not Work

Post by ms » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00



I have figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it.

When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go through
Exchange Server;
If the recipient uses Internet Mail for mail, they get the message, but no
special icon or forms to accept the invitation.
If the recipient is on Exchange Server, it works OK.

When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go through
Internet Mail only;
If the recipient is another Internet Mail client, everything works as
planned.
If the recipient is an Exchange Server client, the invitation arrives as
normal and has the special icon and form, but the originator never gets the
acceptance acknowledgement and the folder contents are never sent

When an Exchange user also uses a Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
Internet Mail client also uses the Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
invitation is sent to the Microsoft Mail address, everything works OK.

When using Exchange Server and Internet mail together, and setting delivery
options so that the internet mail delivers first, the mail is still
delivered through Exchange Server and Net Folders will not work if sent to
an Internet Mail client.

So, anybody have a solution for this?  Is it an Exchange Server thing?  I
think it is stripping out some header information that is needed by the
Internet Mail clients.

Vince Bishop
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

 
 
 

Net Folders Through Exchange Server to Internet Mail Recipient Does Not Work

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00


Strange. Did you make sure that your internet recipients are set for Outlook
rich-text formatting?
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and
"The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange


>I have figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it.

>When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go
through
>Exchange Server;
>If the recipient uses Internet Mail for mail, they get the message, but no
>special icon or forms to accept the invitation.
>If the recipient is on Exchange Server, it works OK.

>When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go
through
>Internet Mail only;
>If the recipient is another Internet Mail client, everything works as
>planned.
>If the recipient is an Exchange Server client, the invitation arrives as
>normal and has the special icon and form, but the originator never gets the
>acceptance acknowledgement and the folder contents are never sent

>When an Exchange user also uses a Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
>Internet Mail client also uses the Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
>invitation is sent to the Microsoft Mail address, everything works OK.

>When using Exchange Server and Internet mail together, and setting delivery
>options so that the internet mail delivers first, the mail is still
>delivered through Exchange Server and Net Folders will not work if sent to
>an Internet Mail client.

>So, anybody have a solution for this?  Is it an Exchange Server thing?  I
>think it is stripping out some header information that is needed by the
>Internet Mail clients.

>Vince Bishop
>Oak Ridge National Laboratory


 
 
 

Net Folders Through Exchange Server to Internet Mail Recipient Does Not Work

Post by John Smit » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00


Ummmm, Sue

   Are you not aware that Net Folders WILL NOT work properly if Exchange
Server is in the profile(Client or Host)???


>Strange. Did you make sure that your internet recipients are set for
Outlook
>rich-text formatting?
>--
>Sue Mosher
>Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and
>"The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
>FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange


>>I have figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it.

>>When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go
>through
>>Exchange Server;
>>If the recipient uses Internet Mail for mail, they get the message, but no
>>special icon or forms to accept the invitation.
>>If the recipient is on Exchange Server, it works OK.

>>When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go
>through
>>Internet Mail only;
>>If the recipient is another Internet Mail client, everything works as
>>planned.
>>If the recipient is an Exchange Server client, the invitation arrives as
>>normal and has the special icon and form, but the originator never gets
the
>>acceptance acknowledgement and the folder contents are never sent

>>When an Exchange user also uses a Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
>>Internet Mail client also uses the Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
>>invitation is sent to the Microsoft Mail address, everything works OK.

>>When using Exchange Server and Internet mail together, and setting
delivery
>>options so that the internet mail delivers first, the mail is still
>>delivered through Exchange Server and Net Folders will not work if sent to
>>an Internet Mail client.

>>So, anybody have a solution for this?  Is it an Exchange Server thing?  I
>>think it is stripping out some header information that is needed by the
>>Internet Mail clients.

>>Vince Bishop
>>Oak Ridge National Laboratory

 
 
 

Net Folders Through Exchange Server to Internet Mail Recipient Does Not Work

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00


Net Folders should work fine with the Exchange Server service in the profile
... as long as you are not trying to create a net folder for a folder in a
mailbox. The originating folder must be in a .pst file. For subscribers, the
folder can be either in a mailbox or a .pst file.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and
"The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange


>Ummmm, Sue

>   Are you not aware that Net Folders WILL NOT work properly if Exchange
>Server is in the profile(Client or Host)???


>>Strange. Did you make sure that your internet recipients are set for
>Outlook
>>rich-text formatting?
>>--
>>Sue Mosher
>>Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and
>>"The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
>>FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange


>>>I have figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it.

>>>When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go
>>through
>>>Exchange Server;
>>>If the recipient uses Internet Mail for mail, they get the message, but
no
>>>special icon or forms to accept the invitation.
>>>If the recipient is on Exchange Server, it works OK.

>>>When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go
>>through
>>>Internet Mail only;
>>>If the recipient is another Internet Mail client, everything works as
>>>planned.
>>>If the recipient is an Exchange Server client, the invitation arrives as
>>>normal and has the special icon and form, but the originator never gets
>the
>>>acceptance acknowledgement and the folder contents are never sent

>>>When an Exchange user also uses a Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
>>>Internet Mail client also uses the Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
>>>invitation is sent to the Microsoft Mail address, everything works OK.

>>>When using Exchange Server and Internet mail together, and setting
>delivery
>>>options so that the internet mail delivers first, the mail is still
>>>delivered through Exchange Server and Net Folders will not work if sent
to
>>>an Internet Mail client.

>>>So, anybody have a solution for this?  Is it an Exchange Server thing?  I
>>>think it is stripping out some header information that is needed by the
>>>Internet Mail clients.

>>>Vince Bishop
>>>Oak Ridge National Laboratory

 
 
 

1. Remote Mail not working for 'Net mail

My Remote Mail on my Exchange Client at home isn't working for my
Internet Mail.  It sends messages, but doesn't download.  Also, under
Tools > Options I get the message there are no Options for Remote
Mail.
I'm using the Exchange Client which you use w/ Exch Server (SP2) (I
also use it to get my messages from our Exch Serv at work using RAS).
Could that be the problem?
The option for Work Offline and Use Remote Mail is checked under my
Internet Mail properties.
Thanks.

2. Upgrading hard drives

3. Information Store and I-Net Mail Service not working

4. Mail can not be delivered to internal receipts

5. Exchange2000 on .NET servers can that be done??

6. Missing contacts upon upgrade

7. Exchange Not Working Over Net

8. active directory users exchange connector

9. Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail not working for one user

10. Exchange server not connected to internet trying to send internet mail

11. Exchange Auto Reply not working to internet mail

12. has anybody done any development with VS.NET to access Exchange 2000

13. forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host - not working