multiple users accessing a general mailbox.

multiple users accessing a general mailbox.

Post by Bill » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:56:40

I need to allow several outlook 2002 users access to a
general company mail box on an Exchange 2000 Server while
maintaining access to their own mailbox, without having to
change their personal logon.  Can't find specific
instructions on this procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

multiple users accessing a general mailbox.

Post by Slim » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:33:55

Open in 'General' account in Outlook. Right click on the
Mailbox in the folder list and click on properties. Under
the permissions tab add the users and the security
permissions. When the Mailbox security has been
configured, set the permissions on the Inbox the same way
you did on the Mailbox. This will allow the users to see
the mailbox.

Then in each users Outlook. Go to Tools-> Email Accounts-

Quote:> Change Accounts-> Change (Exchange Mailbox Account)->

More Settings-> Advanced Tab-> Add. Add the general box
to this list. This will automatically log that user into
the 'General' box.

Good luck!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I need to allow several outlook 2002 users access to a
>general company mail box on an Exchange 2000 Server
while
>maintaining access to their own mailbox, without having
>change their personal logon.  Can't find specific
>instructions on this procedure.

>Thanks in advance.

>Bill
>.

multiple users accessing a general mailbox.

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:02:52

Bill

I would recommend doing this using a Public Folder:
http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I need to allow several outlook 2002 users access to a

also take a look at UniSent and RightFrom utilities at www.ivasoft.biz

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

Quote:> Open in 'General' account in Outlook. Right click on the
> Mailbox in the folder list and click on properties. Under
> the permissions tab add the users and the security
> permissions. When the Mailbox security has been
> configured, set the permissions on the Inbox the same way
> you did on the Mailbox. This will allow the users to see
> the mailbox.

> Then in each users Outlook. Go to Tools-> Email Accounts-
> > Change Accounts-> Change (Exchange Mailbox Account)->
> More Settings-> Advanced Tab-> Add. Add the general box
> to this list. This will automatically log that user into
> the 'General' box.

> Good luck!

1. Multiple Users accessing different mailboxes from different machines

We are operating using Exchange Server 4.0 on a NT Server 4.0 Server.  Our
client machines access the server through a windows 95 client.  We have
multiple users using the same computer, so, I made everyone use the same
USER.DAT file which I keep on the server.  This makes it so that everyone
can see a list of profiles for exchange on their computer when trying to
get their e-mail.  This makes it easy once it is set up, but their is one
major problem.  Adding new users is complicated and time consuming since
you have to copy the old user.dat file, change it in a rather roundabout
way(no editing) and then put the new one back.  Is there an easier way?

HELP!!!!

2. backing up NAS using gig nic cards

3. Allowing multiple users access to one mailbox

4. x.400 address- ADMd(a) field

5. Multiple users accessing one mailbox on Exchange 2k and Outlook 2K

6. Inbound mail failure

7. Permissions for multiple Users to access a 5.5 mailbox

8. GUID, timestamp, version number in Contacts???

9. Mailbox with multiple user access

10. Best way to allow multiple users access to one mailbox

11. Q: Multiple users accessing mailbox

12. Multiple users access different Mailboxes

13. Multiple Users accessing different mailboxes from different machines