Prevent recovery of deleted items ?

Post by Eric Pinau » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I use SBS 4.5, running Exchange 5.5sp3, with Outlook 2000 clients.  Is there
any way to make the "Recover Deleted Items" menu item in OL disappear ?  or
remove the "purge deleted items" option when the window comes up ?  In other
words, we want to be able to retrieve deleted items for a while, but prevent
the users from doing so themselves...is that possible ?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Eric

Prevent recovery of deleted items ?

Post by Greg Aske » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Sure.  Just drag it off the menu.  Has to be done on a per-client basis.

Greg Askew

--

> I use SBS 4.5, running Exchange 5.5sp3, with Outlook 2000 clients.  Is there
> any way to make the "Recover Deleted Items" menu item in OL disappear ?  or
> remove the "purge deleted items" option when the window comes up ?  In other
> words, we want to be able to retrieve deleted items for a while, but prevent
> the users from doing so themselves...is that possible ?

> Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

> Eric

1. Recovering Deleted Items when purged from Deleted Item Recovery

Hello -

Thanks in advance.  If possible, please send a CC to my email address at

I have noticed that when a user is savy enough, they can go into Recover
Deleted Items and select the big red X to delete items from the list.  At
that point, mgmt can not get in to recover the deleted items if a user is
trying to hide abuse of the system.

Is there any way to turn off this feature or to recover the email?

Chris

2. Originator Does Not Have Permission

3. Deleted mail items are not available for recovery under Recover Deleted Items

4. x.400 connector borrow from Enterprise media to install on Standard installation

5. Deleted messages, deleted item retention time, and recovering deleted items

6. "store.exe Bad Image" Crashes Exchange

7. Docs describing Exchange Server Event IDs?

8. recover deleted items...preventing users

9. Preventing purge of deleted items

10. prevent users to create subfolders, delete item

11. Prevent Mailbox Cleanup Agent from Deleting Contact Item in Outlook