Defaulting the FROM Address

Post by Brent Husban » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a common situation:  several users are responsible for replying to
messages sent to the company's INFO mailbox.   I have used the ExchAdmin
program to grant each user Send As permission and instructed the users on

Question:  what methods are there to have Exchange Server automatically
populate the FROM field for any replies to emails sent to this mailbox ?
(the users occasionally forget to populate the FROM field).

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Defaulting the FROM Address

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:37:58 -0700,  "Brent Husband"

>I have a common situation:  several users are responsible for replying to
>messages sent to the company's INFO mailbox.   I have used the ExchAdmin
>program to grant each user Send As permission and instructed the users on

>Question:  what methods are there to have Exchange Server automatically
>populate the FROM field for any replies to emails sent to this mailbox ?
>(the users occasionally forget to populate the FROM field).

Use an OFT, nsoftware's e-mail templates or beat the users severely
each time they forget with ThE sTiCk until you have them properly
trained.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Generating default e-mail addresses.

Hi All,

Can anyone tell how one sets the default e-mail address that exchange
assigns new users. For example at the moment if I create a new user the

the e-mail address to be completely lower case. How do I set this?

Any help you be greatly appreciated.

Rupert

2. Administrating Public Folders in Outlook

3. Defaulting the FROM Address in Replies

4. Printing in Exchange client

5. Default e-mail address

6. Shared Contacts

7. Default Reply-To Address

8. backup IIS 5 smtp to exchange 2000

9. Default mailbox/smtp address

10. Change the default Internet Mail address

11. Default E-Mail addresses created in Exchange

12. Can 2 default smtp mail addresses be created?

13. Default reply to address of a dl