Send email as attachment from Office XP

Post by bob » Thu, 01 May 2003 22:53:58

Here is my situation.

We have Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Sp4 running on Windows NT4 SP6a, used for
internal mail only.
Our email is send and received on a seperate PC with the program MDaemon.
All our clients use Microsoft Outlook for both the internal mail and the
email.
This is already working fine for a few years.
Recently we installed some PC's with Windows XP Pro and Windows Office XP
Pro (installed with SP1 and SP2).

Now the following happens, in Word XP and Excel XP,  when I try to use the
function File - Send to - Mail recipient ( as Attachment),

but when I push the Send button, I get immediately this message in my Inbox
:
-----------
Subject: test.doc
Sent: 30/4/2003 15:21

The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=VAN
AERDEN;l=MAILSERVER-030430132050Z-570
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:VAN_AERDEN:MAILSERVER
In the Application eventlog of our Exchange server is this message
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: X.400 Service
Event ID: 290
Date:  30/4/2003
Time:  15:20:50
User:  N/A
Computer: MAILSERVER
A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code
unrecognised-OR-name) is being generated for message C=US;A= ;P=VAN
AERDEN;L=MAILSERVER-030430132050Z-570. It was originally destined for
C=US;A= ;P=VAN AERDEN;O=VAN?AERDEN;DDA:SMTP=someone(a)hotmail.com;
(recipient number 1), and was to be redirected to . [MTA DISP:RESULT 14 136]
(12)

--------------------------------------

When I first save the file, then start Outlook and insert this file in a
message to the same emailaddress, the mail is sent to our Mdaemon email PC
without any problem. Of course the message is returned in this case because
I use a fictive email address.

If I use the File - Send to - Mail recipient as attachement in an older
Office version, in our case Office 97, the email is send to our Mdaemon PC
without any problem.

Now, can anybody give me a reason why Office XP is trying to send this email
through our Exchange Server and not through our Mdaemon email PC?

Bob Goetschalckx

Send email as attachment from Office XP

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 13:09:10

Bob,

If you have Exchange and an Internet Email service listed in XP, you need to
see which is set to default when sending.

Tools > Email accounts > view or change

Set your SMTP server as default and see if this takes care of your problem.
Outlook will use Exchange if the SMTP server doesn't respond in a timely
fashion.
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

> Here is my situation.

> We have Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Sp4 running on Windows NT4 SP6a, used for
> internal mail only.
> Our email is send and received on a seperate PC with the program MDaemon.
> All our clients use Microsoft Outlook for both the internal mail and the
> email.
> This is already working fine for a few years.
> Recently we installed some PC's with Windows XP Pro and Windows Office XP
> Pro (installed with SP1 and SP2).

> Now the following happens, in Word XP and Excel XP,  when I try to use the
> function File - Send to - Mail recipient ( as Attachment),

> but when I push the Send button, I get immediately this message in my
Inbox
> :
> -----------
>  Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Post by bob » Tue, 06 May 2003 17:22:27

No, tried this, same behaviour.

> Bob,

> If you have Exchange and an Internet Email service listed in XP, you need
> see which is set to default when sending.

> Tools > Email accounts > view or change

> Set your SMTP server as default and see if this takes care of your
problem.
> Outlook will use Exchange if the SMTP server doesn't respond in a timely
> fashion.
> --
> Scott Fellman
> Microsoft
> --
rights.

> > Here is my situation.

> > We have Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Sp4 running on Windows NT4 SP6a, used for
> > internal mail only.
> > Our email is send and received on a seperate PC with the program
MDaemon.
> > All our clients use Microsoft Outlook for both the internal mail and the
> > email.
> > This is already working fine for a few years.
> > Recently we installed some PC's with Windows XP Pro and Windows Office
XP
> > Pro (installed with SP1 and SP2).

> > Now the following happens, in Word XP and Excel XP,  when I try to use
the
> > function File - Send to - Mail recipient ( as Attachment),
> > Outlook is started, i can enter an emailaddress (i.e.

> > but when I push the Send button, I get immediately this message in my
> Inbox
> > :
> > -----------
> >  Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

1. Send email as attachment from Office XP

Date:  30/4/2003
Time:  15:20:50
[...]

2. Open ports needed.

3. Missing Mail

4. How can I stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office

5. Unable to view Personal Contacts folder in OWA

6. Windows XP, Office XP & Server 2000

7. Autoadd to distribution-list

8. MS Exchange 5.5 relations to XP and Office XP

9. Exchange2000 and office XP and windows XP

10. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows XP/Office XP Connectivity Problem

11. Office XP - can't apply XP Service packs

12. compatibilité office 97 et office XP