1. "Mail on Demand" not working (long)
First a brief overview, then the questions...
I'm having some major trouble trying to configure a client's Exchange Server
to dial up and receive email, then distribute it across the network (as
described at www.swinc.com ) First of all, I don't know much about Exchange
Server (so I'm not going to pretend I do). They came to me for help because
I provide them with hosting services which includes SMTP service.
Here's the facts first:
1. Client has hosting services through me (reseller for VERIO) and internet
access through SERVTECH (subsidiary of VERIO).
2. Currently, each computer on the network connects to the internet through
the proxy and downloads email via each users client email software.
3. The client wants his Exchange Server to download all email and then
distribute it through the network automatcally.
4. The client has a dedicated IP address AND domain through SERVTECH
5. VERIO provides an SMTP service with the hosting service which handles
6. SERVTECH also provides email service but the client wishes to use
7. VERIO has modifed the MX numbers so that the SMTP server first tries to
send all email to ###.syr.servtech.com If it doesn't go through (if
Exchange isn't connected), it queues the mail and waits for Exchange to ask
Here's the questions:
1. www.swinc.com says that Exchange Server should NOT be set up to pull mail
from a POP account? What is the best way to set up Exchange Server so that
Server will automatically connect, recieve and distribute the email to the
**** That's the main question ****
2. I can't tell if VERIO's SMTP service will disregard the POP accounts I've
created and just queue all mail until Exchange asks for it? They use
Apache, if it matters. (I'm getting terrible support from VERIO, that's why
3. What would cause sendmail to timeout trying to send the email to
###.syr.servtech.com? Should the hostname and domain be set to anything
SPECIFIC on Exchange Server for this setup to work?
4. Could you point me to any reference that may guide me in setting up
Exchange Server for the client?
2. Licenses in use
3. Please Help""""""""""""""
4. Outlook 2000
5. "No Longer Here" Email accounts
6. Free\Busy error
7. Public Folder Store "no longer available"
8. Hop Counts
9. NDR "content length too long..", mine or theirs
10. "Mail on Demand" problem (long)
11. """"Microsoft Fax options""""
12. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""
13. Showing a "Group Calendar"