PST limitations

Post by David » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:22:20

I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop

PST limitations

Post by David » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:22:20

I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop

PST limitations

Post by Martin Tuip [MVP » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:32:28

2GB is the limit which will hose the PST file.

**  Please prefix your subject header with BETA for posts dealing with
Exchange 2003 **

--------------------------

Quote:> I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
> one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
> accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop

PST limitations

Post by Andrew Sword [MVP » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:40:50

Sounds like time to create a new pst.

I personally try to keep them no bigger them 500meg.

Regards
Andrew Sword, MVP

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
>one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
>accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop
>.

PST limitations

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:37:09

2GB limit for PST and OST files. Real world problems normally begin at 1.2 -
1.5 GB. Yet another reason to avoid PST files entirely and keep stuff on the
server. Why are you using PSTs? See
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxf.htm for some good reasons not
to.

> I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
> one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
> accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop

PST limitations

Post by gille » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:41:44

To avoid all problems on PST files, you can use MailControl to control your
PST files : http://www.addonmail.com/uk/prodOutlook.htm#mcontrol
If you have several user account ro manage, you can use the console PMC to
easily configure and control configuration on remote client users

Gilles

Quote:> I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
> one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
> accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop

PST limitations

Post by Robert Crayk [Outlook MVP » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 23:09:29

That isn't a hard limit the hard limit is 65,535 items or number of folders,
for Outlook 2002 Large Table Support is on by default for earlier version
down to 8.03 you can enable this by going into the properties of the root
folder of the pst and check "Enable Large Table Support" on the General Tab.
Check out http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q197430

> There is also a 16k limit of messages per folder in the .pst files. I
> have one user who has managed to hit both limits 5 times. He's going
> to be getting a bill for some new disks on our storage array too.

> >2GB limit for PST and OST files. Real world problems normally begin at
> >1.2 -
> >1.5 GB. Yet another reason to avoid PST files entirely and keep stuff on
> >the
> >server. Why are you using PSTs? See
> >http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxf.htm for some good reasons
> >not
> >to.

> >> I have a several users with PST's at 1.7G and 1.92 G. the
> >> one with 1.92 G cannot write to his anymore but it is
> >> accessable. I would say 1.8 or 1.9 is where I would stop

> --
> Ned

1. .PST Limitations

Experiencing lost mail.
Scenario: Member Citrix into server from laptop, mail
moved from exchange mailbox to .pst, member reads 50 out
of 100 e-mails and logs off. Member returns to work and
logs on (via WAN/LAN) to his normal desktop computer, 50
e-mails read are now labeled as "unread" and the 50 he
did not read are gone.

Symptons: Member has a 600mb .pst.

What is the .pst limitation before corruption could
possibly happen?

Thanks
-=Duane=-

2. MS Exchange vs RFC 1845

3. pst File Limitations

4. Web Access won't connect

5. PST file size limitation

6. Conference Room Scheduling

7. pst File Limitations

8. SMTP disable welcome banner for telnet sessions

9. Automated Export to PST, Automated Import from PST

10. Importing mails from .pst file to another .pst file

11. Archive PST to other PST

12. Converting OST to PST to import into existing PST or mailbox

13. pst files vs. no pst files