Outlook performance very slow

Outlook performance very slow

Post by bood » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:45:09



Hello,

I've got a user that is experiencing some issues with
Outlook being very slow to respond.  It seems to be
happening with only this one user.  He constantly gets
that annoying sending request to Exchange server.  It's
happening when he hops on a different PC so that rules out
a client connection problem.  I'm totally stumped on this
any advice on where to look would be appreciated.  I've
also fiddled around with the server connection timeout in
Outlook already.

Thanks

 
 
 

Outlook performance very slow

Post by Kare » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:55:17


Hi,

I have the same problem Exchange 5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000.  
Only one user has the problem and only when trying to
open new mail.

I tried opening his mailbox from my PC and it has the
same result.  Have re-booted exchange server, event log
looks fine, not sure what to do\where to look next.

I've been looking in the newsgroup all morning came
across this problem a few times but no resolution.  Any
ideas?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,

>I've got a user that is experiencing some issues with
>Outlook being very slow to respond.  It seems to be
>happening with only this one user.  He constantly gets
>that annoying sending request to Exchange server.  It's
>happening when he hops on a different PC so that rules
out
>a client connection problem.  I'm totally stumped on
this
>any advice on where to look would be appreciated.  I've
>also fiddled around with the server connection timeout
in
>Outlook already.

>Thanks
>.


 
 
 

Outlook performance very slow

Post by Ken » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 10:35:06


Well, that's three people reporting in.  I have a similar
situation of about 1 month's duration - one user out of
many gets the "requesting data" message.  One additional
factor.  The user has Cloudmark (spam catcher)
installed.  It is not a recent installation, but there
are recent updates.  No other known changes.  It does
sound as though the problem may be on the Exchange server
end.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I have the same problem Exchange 5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000.  
>Only one user has the problem and only when trying to
>open new mail.

>I tried opening his mailbox from my PC and it has the
>same result.  Have re-booted exchange server, event log
>looks fine, not sure what to do\where to look next.

>I've been looking in the newsgroup all morning came
>across this problem a few times but no resolution.  Any
>ideas?
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Hello,

>>I've got a user that is experiencing some issues with
>>Outlook being very slow to respond.  It seems to be
>>happening with only this one user.  He constantly gets
>>that annoying sending request to Exchange server.  It's
>>happening when he hops on a different PC so that rules
>out
>>a client connection problem.  I'm totally stumped on
>this
>>any advice on where to look would be appreciated.  I've
>>also fiddled around with the server connection timeout
>in
>>Outlook already.

>>Thanks
>>.

>.

 
 
 

Outlook performance very slow

Post by Steve McCartne » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:35:02


Make that four.  Similar problem - the user can use a
different machine and have the same problem.  I've logged
in on her PC and it works great.  It is obviously an issue
relative to the specific user but on the server end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Well, that's three people reporting in.  I have a similar
>situation of about 1 month's duration - one user out of
>many gets the "requesting data" message.  One additional
>factor.  The user has Cloudmark (spam catcher)
>installed.  It is not a recent installation, but there
>are recent updates.  No other known changes.  It does
>sound as though the problem may be on the Exchange server
>end.

>>-----Original Message-----
>>Hi,

>>I have the same problem Exchange 5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000.  
>>Only one user has the problem and only when trying to
>>open new mail.

>>I tried opening his mailbox from my PC and it has the
>>same result.  Have re-booted exchange server, event log
>>looks fine, not sure what to do\where to look next.

>>I've been looking in the newsgroup all morning came
>>across this problem a few times but no resolution.  Any
>>ideas?
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>Hello,

>>>I've got a user that is experiencing some issues with
>>>Outlook being very slow to respond.  It seems to be
>>>happening with only this one user.  He constantly gets
>>>that annoying sending request to Exchange server.  It's
>>>happening when he hops on a different PC so that rules
>>out
>>>a client connection problem.  I'm totally stumped on
>>this
>>>any advice on where to look would be appreciated.  I've
>>>also fiddled around with the server connection timeout
>>in
>>>Outlook already.

>>>Thanks
>>>.

>>.

>.

 
 
 

Outlook performance very slow

Post by z » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:14:42


Five.
Message just posted separately - as below..

Running Outlook 2000 (W98) client & Exchange 5.5 on NT4
server. Remote dial-up connection to email used to be
fine, but recently has slowed down greatly. So that, when
Send/Receive, the "connecting to Microsoft Exchange
Server" time is several minutes. It looks as though this
step is prior to the password entry and after several
minutes it finally connects. Mailbox size is virtually
empty, connection speed is ISDN at server & 56k on client
(as I said, speed used to be fine).
I've tried specifying the server IP in the Hosts file on
the client side and add-in tweaks, but to no avail.
Any ideas?

Appreciated.

>-----Original Message-----
>Make that four.  Similar problem - the user can use a
>different machine and have the same problem.  I've logged
>in on her PC and it works great.  It is obviously an
issue
>relative to the specific user but on the server end.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Steve

>>-----Original Message-----
>>Well, that's three people reporting in.  I have a
similar
>>situation of about 1 month's duration - one user out of
>>many gets the "requesting data" message.  One additional
>>factor.  The user has Cloudmark (spam catcher)
>>installed.  It is not a recent installation, but there
>>are recent updates.  No other known changes.  It does
>>sound as though the problem may be on the Exchange
server
>>end.

>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>Hi,

>>>I have the same problem Exchange 5.5 SP4, Outlook
2000.  
>>>Only one user has the problem and only when trying to
>>>open new mail.

>>>I tried opening his mailbox from my PC and it has the
>>>same result.  Have re-booted exchange server, event log
>>>looks fine, not sure what to do\where to look next.

>>>I've been looking in the newsgroup all morning came
>>>across this problem a few times but no resolution.  Any
>>>ideas?
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>Hello,

>>>>I've got a user that is experiencing some issues with
>>>>Outlook being very slow to respond.  It seems to be
>>>>happening with only this one user.  He constantly gets
>>>>that annoying sending request to Exchange server.  
It's
>>>>happening when he hops on a different PC so that rules
>>>out
>>>>a client connection problem.  I'm totally stumped on
>>>this
>>>>any advice on where to look would be appreciated.  
I've
>>>>also fiddled around with the server connection timeout
>>>in
>>>>Outlook already.

>>>>Thanks
>>>>.

>>>.

>>.

>.

 
 
 

1. Slow performance with outlook customform

We have a Public Folder with 12000 items, also we got an outlook98
customform that has a lot of vb-code. Because of the message "Enable/Disable
macros", we had to include the messageclass workaround (reset messageclass
to custom-form class). Every item is 200kb, because of this workaround and
speed is really gone !!

Some examples:

- Change a view takes 2 minutes
- Saving a record takes 1 minute
- Searching for a record takes 1/2 minute
- Opening a item 1 minute

We are running on a P2-350 dual processor NT4/SP5 and exchange 5.5/SP2 with
raid-5 SCSI-3 on a compaq proliant-1600. The Public Folder is 1,5GB.

Does anyone have an idea of solving this big problem.

Thanks in advance,
Inter Commerce bv

Michel van der Laan

2. Mailboxes in Outlook

3. High memory utilization in the EXCH srv machine + slow outlook performance

4. Multiple Exchange Servers 2000

5. High memory utilization + slow outlook performance

6. Multiple "domain" setups

7. slow performance as outlook access exchange mailbox

8. Email Distribution List on the Server

9. Exchange / AD / GC - slow outlook performance

10. Slow performance with outlook customform

11. Outlook Web Access - Very Slow performance

12. slow performance as outlook access exchange mailbox

13. Meeting Request performance is slow in Outlook XP