Multiple Messages Generated to multiple recipients

Multiple Messages Generated to multiple recipients

Post by The Quiet On » Tue, 07 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Yes, it's that question again.

I'm getting multiple copies of email whenever email is Sent
to or CC'd to more than one person from an external address.

One extra copy is received for every address on the "To" field.

Looking at the headers of the duplicated messages it would appear
that an Envelope is received (and addressed to) each recipient.
Each envelope is then handled separately and copies sent to each
recipient in the "To" field.

The mail server is Exchange 5.5 picking up from a POP account,
the clients are Outlook 97.

Can anyone help me filter this out of the system as it get's a bit
laborious deleting all the extra messages.

Cheers,
kjb.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/