Send To function

Post by ST » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

I used to forward stuff by either

1. Dragging the item onto my Outlook 97 shortcut which is on my desktop. An
email
message will then open.

2. right-clicking on the object, Send To, "Email receipient using Outlook"

After I upgraded to MS Outlook 98, I can't do either!!! If I drag the
object, it
would copy the file onto my desktop! And the Email receipient using Outlook
item
under Send To is now gone! How do I get them back?

Thanks.

ST

Send To function

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

It's easy to make a new shortcut that does what you want. Use Start | Find
to locate the Outlook.exe file on your system. Drag it with the right mouse
button to the Windows desktop. When you release the mouse button, choose
Create Shortcut. You can now drag files to this shortcut.

If you want it to be on the Send To menu, locate the SendTo folder (under
the Windows folder) and copy the shortcut there. Rename it as you want it to
appear on the Send To menu.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Quote:> I used to forward stuff by either

> 1. Dragging the item onto my Outlook 97 shortcut which is on my desktop.
An
> email
> message will then open.

> 2. right-clicking on the object, Send To, "Email receipient using Outlook"

> After I upgraded to MS Outlook 98, I can't do either!!! If I drag the
> object, it
> would copy the file onto my desktop! And the Email receipient using
Outlook
> item
> under Send To is now gone! How do I get them back?

> Thanks.

> ST

Send To function

Post by c » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Sorry Sue
It won't work in this case. Sure you can make the shortcuts but dragging a
document to them will not start a new email.  If all is installed ok with
Oulook 98 right clicking on a document will still give you the option
SEND TO->Mail Recipient just use this.

> It's easy to make a new shortcut that does what you want. Use Start | Find
> to locate the Outlook.exe file on your system. Drag it with the right
mouse
> button to the Windows desktop. When you release the mouse button, choose
> Create Shortcut. You can now drag files to this shortcut.

> If you want it to be on the Send To menu, locate the SendTo folder (under
> the Windows folder) and copy the shortcut there. Rename it as you want it
> appear on the Send To menu.
> --
> Sue Mosher
> Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
> Exchange and Outlook FAQs at http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

> > I used to forward stuff by either

> > 1. Dragging the item onto my Outlook 97 shortcut which is on my desktop.
> An
> > email
> > message will then open.

> > 2. right-clicking on the object, Send To, "Email receipient using
Outlook"

> > After I upgraded to MS Outlook 98, I can't do either!!! If I drag the
> > object, it
> > would copy the file onto my desktop! And the Email receipient using
> Outlook
> > item
> > under Send To is now gone! How do I get them back?

> > Thanks.

> > ST

Send To function

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

My OL98 shortcut certainly works as I described. Also, the original poster
reported that he didn't have a Send To -> Mail Recipient option.

> Sorry Sue
> It won't work in this case. Sure you can make the shortcuts but dragging a
> document to them will not start a new email.  If all is installed ok with
> Oulook 98 right clicking on a document will still give you the option
> SEND TO->Mail Recipient just use this.

> > It's easy to make a new shortcut that does what you want. Use Start |
Find
> > to locate the Outlook.exe file on your system. Drag it with the right
> mouse
> > button to the Windows desktop. When you release the mouse button, choose
> > Create Shortcut. You can now drag files to this shortcut.

> > If you want it to be on the Send To menu, locate the SendTo folder
(under
> > the Windows folder) and copy the shortcut there. Rename it as you want
it
> > appear on the Send To menu.
> > --
> > Sue Mosher
> > Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
> > Exchange and Outlook FAQs at http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

> > > I used to forward stuff by either

> > > 1. Dragging the item onto my Outlook 97 shortcut which is on my
desktop.
> > An
> > > email
> > > message will then open.

> > > 2. right-clicking on the object, Send To, "Email receipient using
> Outlook"

> > > After I upgraded to MS Outlook 98, I can't do either!!! If I drag the
> > > object, it
> > > would copy the file onto my desktop! And the Email receipient using
> > Outlook
> > > item
> > > under Send To is now gone! How do I get them back?

> > > Thanks.

> > > ST

1. Send Mail Function!

Hello,
in our environment we use an Exchange 5.5 Server and an
Linux Server. The Exchange Server send all messages to the
Linux Server and this one use the function sendmail to
send the mails.
I want to remove the Linux Server. But what i must do,
that our Exchange Server send the mails alone.
Please can you help we. Must our internet provider have
the function sendmail to send the mails on the net?
Thanks for your answer.

Regards, Scot.

2. Restoring a single mail box on Exchange 5.5

3. Outlook98 no send function, no send symbol

4. UUCP gateway

5. Win2K E2K - EDK function HrESEBackupRestoreGetNodes() function returns 0x05.

6. Email to System Attendant

7. Review function before a distribution list is sent??

8. HELP: Internet Mail Service

9. Forward Function under Sent Item (Server Side)

10. Copy of email sent to administrator function

11. OWA: 1) The Attachment function 2) Sending messages

12. reminder function in folder sent items

13. Forward Function under Sent Item (server side)