User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

Post by Aj Palmier » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward a
message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server. If
I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to forward
a message without the PC being logged in.

Thanks
AJ

User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

Post by Jeff A. Stucke » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Good grief! Next time, please pick no more than two newsgroups.  And don't
ask for personal replies; read the answer here.  Newsgroups are for public
benefit, not private support sessions.

Answer: In Exchange Server Administrator, set up an alternate recipient.
--
Cheers,

'('    Jeff
\

> I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward
> message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server.
If
> I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
> forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to
forward
> a message without the PC being logged in.

> Thanks
> AJ

User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

No, the OOA always operates from the server. It does not depend on the
client being opened. You can either use the OOA or, if it's a long-term
situation, follow Jeff's suggestion.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward
> message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server.
If
> I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
> forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to
forward
> a message without the PC being logged in.

> Thanks
> AJ

1. User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward a
message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server. If
I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to forward
a message without the PC being logged in.

Thanks
AJ

2. Sobig virus question

3. restore no .edb

4. OWA License issue

5. Setting Out of Office Assistant for POP3 users

6. Is uninstall of Service Pack 4

7. Out of Office/Inbox Assistants disappeared after Office 2k install

8. Out of Office Assistant Does Not Display Out of Office

9. Out of Office/Inbox Assistants disappeared after Office 2k install

10. Set Out of Office on Server for 1 User

11. Inbox Assistant and Out-of-Office Assistant