Slow Save and Close in Outlook 98 Contacts

Slow Save and Close in Outlook 98 Contacts

Post by Tokai Financial Services, Inc » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Finding that Outlook 98 client can take up to 8 or 9 seconds to Save and
Close when editing a Contact  that already exists.    Also finding that
creation of a new Contact can take 4-5 seconds.  Not sure why this is
happening ... Ran Optimizer on the Private Store Server (Exchange 5.0) and
notice that utilization across the board is very low on the server (We only
have about 60 users right now).  Any thoughts appreciated !

1. Outlook 8.02, Exchange 5.5 saving Contacts slow

When one of my users tries to save a contact in his mailbox account on our
Exchange server, Outlook pauses with the busy pointer for 45 seconds before
it saves. He has only 50 entries and this is the only part of Outlook that
is slow. Startup, sending mail, etc are all immediate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Trevor Neilson.
Vancouver Airport.

2. open relay on 5.5 on win2k

3. save contact is very slow

4. Two Domains

5. Saving contacts is extremely slow

6. MS Exchange/Outlook Setup Consultant Needed (Telecommuting)

7. Exchange Login With Outlook 98 Slow!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. How to add Recipents?

9. Slow Outlook'97 start on Windows'98

10. Proxy2.0 Exchange 5.5 and outlook 98 SLOW!!!

11. check names/send slow on some Outlook 98 clients

12. Slow connect from Outlook 98

13. Outlook 98 Too slow to start....