outlook

Post by kell » Thu, 01 May 2003 22:33:25

how do I find my "deleted" files after having to change
our user names on our server?

outlook

Post by Ed Woodric » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47

What do you mean "deleted" files and "change user names"

The two normally aren't used in the same sentence.

Quote:> how do I find my "deleted" files after having to change
> our user names on our server?

outlook

Post by kell » Fri, 02 May 2003 03:55:54

> [...]

executed they had to give us new user names.

Now that all systems are up and running again, sending &
receive emails all ok. However when I go to the :deleted
file-tools-recover deleted items- That folder is empty.

There must be a connection. I can delete an email from
the deleted folder and go to this option and the email is
not there?

outlook

Post by Ed Woodric » Sat, 03 May 2003 03:12:58

Okay, let me guess here. Maybe the issue is that since you rebuilt the
server, you haven't enabled the retention of deleted messages? Look at the
Server Manager and see if message retention is set to something other than 0
days.

It's sounding as if your statement "new user names" is actually a
"completely rebuilt a new Exchange Server and AD"

Ed Woodrick MVP - Exchange