Linking file to public folders

Post by cco.. » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way within Outlook 98 and Exchange to post a link to file
that others can access.  We have a PDF file that we would like to post
in our Public Folders that links to other PDF documents.  I know that
I can post a message in the public folder with the main PDF file
attached but I am not sure where to copy the other files that are
linked off of the main one.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Linking file to public folders

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You can use file://wherever or outlook://Public Folders/All Public
Folders/wherever/~myfile.pdf, depending on where you put them. See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> Is there a way within Outlook 98 and Exchange to post a link to file
> that others can access.  We have a PDF file that we would like to post
> in our Public Folders that links to other PDF documents.  I know that
> I can post a message in the public folder with the main PDF file
> attached but I am not sure where to copy the other files that are
> linked off of the main one.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

1. Linking Files in Public Folder

Suppose that I have a word file in a public folder and would like to create
a link inside it so that it would open another file inside another folder in
a public folder... is this possible.....?

I can make a link inside a wordfile and let it point to a bookmark within
the same file.

Appreciate your help......

2. Moving from 2 to 1 Exchange Server

3. Linking Word Files in Public Folders

4. Help! Duplicated messagestores!

5. file level access to files in public folders

6. Exchange and Netscape Navigator

7. Possibly OT - Linking Public Folders to an Access database

8. e-mailing an internet address.........

9. linking to public folders from access

10. Link to public folder calendar items?

11. link public folder contacts to HTML page

12. Link to SQL Server from outlook public folder

13. Link to SQL Server from Outlook public folder?