Internet Mail Service with Exchange 16 bit client

Internet Mail Service with Exchange 16 bit client

Post by Alessandro Jannuzz » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello ALL,

I am experimenting the following situation using the Internet Mail
Service on Exchange Client 16 bit :

I finished the Internet Explorer instalation and the Internet Mail
Service doesn't appear on "Tools" - "Services" on Exchange client.

Any tips ?

Regards,

Alessandro Jannuzzi

Internet Mail Service with Exchange 16 bit client

Post by Weber, Mik » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Are you assuming that Exchange would get the option to install the
Internet Mail service because you installed Internet Explorer?  I'm not
familiar with the 16bit versions but I don't think this is the case.
Check MS for a download of the Internet Mail service.

Post by Alessandro Jannuzz » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Sue,

Do you know another solution to work around this problem ?
I really need to access a POP-3 server using the Exchange 16-bit client.

I will apreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro Jannuzzi

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

There is no Internet Mail service for the 16-bit client. The only available
services are Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Mail. The Internet
Mail program that comes with Internet Explorer is totally unrelated to
Exchange.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow
FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

Quote:> Hello ALL,

> I am experimenting the following situation using the Internet Mail
> Service on Exchange Client 16 bit :

> I finished the Internet Explorer instalation and the Internet Mail
> Service doesn't appear on "Tools" - "Services" on Exchange client.

> Any tips ?

> Regards,

> Alessandro Jannuzzi

Internet Mail Service with Exchange 16 bit client

Post by Frans van Hatte » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 How about the Internet Mail Service from the Exchange-Server?
So you can use 16/32-bit clients to retrieve your Internet Mail.
The EX-server does all the work..., you don't need a seperate Internet
Service on the client side.
FransvH.