Win98 and Exchange/Windows Messaging Install Problems

Win98 and Exchange/Windows Messaging Install Problems

Post by David Web » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to install Microsoft Exchange or Windows Messaging on a Windows
98 PC so I can access an Exchange Server.

However, when I try and install either of them, the installation runs fine
at first, installing all appropriate files, but fails when it reaches the
configuration stage.  I get a message saying "There is not enough memory or
system resources.  Close some windows, and try again."  I also get this if I
try and enter configuration through the Control Panel or the Inbox icon on
the desktop.

I'm running these installations on a just booted PC with 128Mb of memory so
the problem must be something else.  Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm installing Exchange from floppies and Windows Messaging from the Windows
98 CD-ROM.

TIA,

David Webb.

Win98 and Exchange/Windows Messaging Install Problems

Post by Ber Visse » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
I am having exactly the same problem as David.
Following the instructions from Microsoft I installed Microsoft Fax by first
installing WMS.EXE from the Win98 CD and, after restarting, installing
AWFAX.EXE.
Although I now have an IN BOX on my screen I cannot access Exchange because
it says that I have not enough resources available.
The only reason I wanted to install these programs anyway is that I need the
fax service to be available in Word and Excel, just like it was in WIN 95.
BTW I have uninstalled AWFAX via the control panel but I haven't the
faintest idea how to uninstall Exchange :-(
Help is very much appreciated since Microsoft will only give paid support
for Exchange to Win98 users.
Ber Visser

Quote:>Hi,

>I'm trying to install Microsoft Exchange or Windows Messaging on a Windows
>98 PC so I can access an Exchange Server.

>However, when I try and install either of them, the installation runs fine
>at first, installing all appropriate files, but fails when it reaches the
>configuration stage.  I get a message saying "There is not enough memory or
>system resources.  Close some windows, and try again."  I also get this if
>try and enter configuration through the Control Panel or the Inbox icon on
>the desktop.

>I'm running these installations on a just booted PC with 128Mb of memory so
>the problem must be something else.  Does anyone have any ideas?

>I'm installing Exchange from floppies and Windows Messaging from the
Windows
>98 CD-ROM.

>TIA,

>David Webb.

1. Installing Windows Messaging in Win98

 I'm trying to setup internet mail, using Windows Messaging Ver 4.0 in
Win98.

 The program is available on the Win98 CD under *:\tools\oldwin95\us\.

 My problem is that when I get to the Inbox Setup Wizard I don't get
internet mail in the list of services as I always have in the past???

I would use Outlook Express, But I need to have several totally separate
accounts.  ( ie: inbox,outbox,sent items )

                  Thanks
                  Rob Kisch

2. Exchange 5.5 outlook 2000

3. Settingup Windows Messaging in Win98

4. MS Exchange (NNTP)

5. Windows Messaging on WIN98?

6. Install Problems; PLEASE MICROSOFT HELP!!!!!

7. Can't install Windows Messaging for Windows 98

8. Outlook Team Calendars Application

9. Problems installing Messenger on Win98 SE

10. Problem installing Messenger on Win98 SE

11. win98 can, windows 2000 cannot connect to exchange server