Mac Exchange Client without installing Mac Services/Volume

Mac Exchange Client without installing Mac Services/Volume

Post by David Martin [City of Las Vega » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to use the Mac Exchange client (any of the
Exchange/Outlook clients) without having to install Mac Services or
volumes on my Exchange 5.5 server? The Macs are configured to use
TCP/IP across the network.

We have had good luck using the "Dave" network connectivity tools to
access our NT shares, but we have failed to connect to the Exchange
server.

Mac Exchange Client without installing Mac Services/Volume

Post by Holl » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it possible to use the Mac Exchange client (any of the
> Exchange/Outlook clients) without having to install Mac Services or
> volumes on my Exchange 5.5 server? The Macs are configured to use
> TCP/IP across the network.

> We have had good luck using the "Dave" network connectivity tools to
> access our NT shares, but we have failed to connect to the Exchange
> server.

Yes it is possible. We installed E 5.5 on Nt 4.0 SP 3 without Appletalk
Services. We can access from Mac with Outlook 8.0.3 on the Exchange
Folders.

--
Greetings
Holly