Select Name Dialog Box - Scroll Bar does not take you to end of list.

Select Name Dialog Box - Scroll Bar does not take you to end of list.

Post by Jim Lync » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:11:52

I cant find a fix for this problem
User creates a new message, choosed the TO button to bring
up the Select Names dialog box.  Using the Scroll Bar to
move through the Address list it does not take you to the
end of the list (In our case only 1/2 way through
the "D"'s).   If you use the down arrow you continue to
move throgh the list and get to the end.

Any Ideas on how the correct this problem.

We just moved to Exchange 2K from Exchange 5.5.

Thanks,

Select Name Dialog Box - Scroll Bar does not take you to end of list.

Post by Ed Woodric » Sat, 03 May 2003 03:23:13

The way to solve the problem is to not do it.

First, attempt to allow Outlook Automatic Name resolution to occur. Type in
the person's name instead of opening the To: button every time. Once the
name has been typed in, start typing your message and in a few seconds, the
name will attempt to resolve. You can also force the checking by hitting the
person icon with a check across it.

Next, instead of opening up the entire GAL, create additional Address Lists
for groups/departments and then set them as either the first to open in the
client or just let the users switch.

Having  large number of recipients in your system requires a little
different procedures than an organization with a few hundred.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this behavior is client dependent. A different
version of Outlook will probably change the behavior.

Ed Woodrick MVP - Exchange

Quote:> I cant find a fix for this problem
> User creates a new message, choosed the TO button to bring
> up the Select Names dialog box.  Using the Scroll Bar to
> move through the Address list it does not take you to the
> end of the list (In our case only 1/2 way through
> the "D"'s).   If you use the down arrow you continue to
> move throgh the list and get to the end.

> Any Ideas on how the correct this problem.

> We just moved to Exchange 2K from Exchange 5.5.

> Thanks,

Select Name Dialog Box - Scroll Bar does not take you to end of list.

Post by jim lync » Sun, 04 May 2003 03:18:47

The problem is happeing over 4 different outlook
versions.  There are over 350 users doing this and the
Global Address Book is needed for all users.  I belive
that the problem is from the 5.5 to 2000 conversion -  Is
there any way to verify and repair the list if it was
damanged in any way?

Thanks,

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>The way to solve the problem is to not do it.

>First, attempt to allow Outlook Automatic Name resolution
to occur. Type in
>the person's name instead of opening the To: button every
time. Once the
>name has been typed in, start typing your message and in
a few seconds, the
>name will attempt to resolve. You can also force the

checking by hitting the
Quote:>person icon with a check across it.

>Next, instead of opening up the entire GAL, create

additional Address Lists
Quote:>for groups/departments and then set them as either the

first to open in the
Quote:>client or just let the users switch.