Size of PST

Post by Nancy Hugh » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:56:41

What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
corrupted?

Thanks

Size of PST

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:10:08

2GB is the max though most people say it starts getting messy around 1GB.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

> Thanks

Size of PST

Post by Tom » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:09:47

Yes. Outlook does start to get erratic as the PST passes 1GB. Outlook
sometimes takes 10-15 minutes to start up. Users think that it's locked up
and keep rebooting.

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

> Thanks

Size of PST

Post by brad » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:49:00

My PST file is currently 1.476 gig, no problems unlesss I outlook doesn't
close cleanly. Then it can take 3 to 5 mins for outlook to reload once I
start it back up.

I refuse to ever deleted any mail (its hard for the boss to yell at you for
doing something when you have it in written email from 3 years ago), so soon
I guess I'll create a second PST and just move all the old mail to it..

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

> Thanks

Size of PST

Post by Oliver Vukovic » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:45:38

Hi Nancy,

you can archive old informations in another archiv.pst file. After
compressing (backup) it is smaller.

IF it is corrupted, search for "scanpst.exe" on your windows system and
maybe this tool can repair this file.

But all informations about Outlook, PST files, backup for pst files, you
will find on www.slipstick.com

--
Oliver Vukovics
SDMD

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

> Thanks

Size of PST

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:55:55

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 9:56:41 -0600, Nancy Hughs wrote

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

2GB or 32k depending on the circumstances.

--
Chris Scharff
The Mail Resource Center

Size of PST

Post by gille » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:40:20

To avoid all problems on PST files, you can use MailControl to control your
PST files : http://www.addonmail.com/uk/prodOutlook.htm#mcontrol
If you have several user account ro manage, you can use the console PMC to
easily configure and control configuration on remote client users

Gilles

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

> Thanks

Size of PST

Post by Tejas Pate » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:16:08

Hi,

The only limit that exists is the 2GB limit that Microsoft built into
Outlook. However pst can get corrupt due to serveral reasons.,even improper
shutdown of machine can corrupt the pst.

Regards
Tejas

Quote:> What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
> corrupted?

> Thanks

Size of PST

Post by Basil Caldwel » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:44:33

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>What is the maximum size a PST can get before it gets
>corrupted?

>Thanks
>.

1. exchange mailbox resource size and pst file size

I was really surprised when I finished my PST files extraction from exmerge.

My mailbox resources in E5.5 says that the mailbox is about 1 GB, but, when
I checked the pst file size, it was 2 GB.

Only the issue it was that was I extracted the pst file to the same location
where there was pst file of the same user from previous other days. May be
it appended to the previous pst files.

Any ideas ?

2. ...

3. Max Size in pst files

4. Accessing and Deleting messages in mailbox store

5. Maximum size of PST file

6. Internet Mail

7. size of .pst files

8. Outlook Forms Error Message

9. Size of .PST File

10. Recommended size of pst file

11. Folder Size does not match .pst File Size

12. limit in pst size ?

13. pst file sizes