exchange logon box at boot

Post by Mike Smit » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

running win98 and outlook98, i'm getting an exchange logon box when the PC
boots.  This PC is on a network and required ot logon, when the network
logon box appears and I do nothing a logon box for exchange will pop up
 all fields are empty )
I can cancel that logon and then proceed to logon to the network.

In addition to this the same exchange logon box will pop up from time to
time, outlook is not setup to work offline and i've checked for dial up
connections.  This box will pop up if outlook is running or not.  very
persistant and annoying indeed.

any ideas??

--
Mike

exchange logon box at boot

Post by Tony Alcobi » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Are you running an Anti-virus program (it may want to check your mail)?

>running win98 and outlook98, i'm getting an exchange logon box when the PC
>boots.  This PC is on a network and required ot logon, when the network
>logon box appears and I do nothing a logon box for exchange will pop up
> all fields are empty )
>I can cancel that logon and then proceed to logon to the network.

>In addition to this the same exchange logon box will pop up from time to
>time, outlook is not setup to work offline and i've checked for dial up
>connections.  This box will pop up if outlook is running or not.  very
>persistant and annoying indeed.

>any ideas??

>--
>Mike

1. Can't logon to Exchange Server from W2KP box

I'm trying to log on to my Exchange Server with a new install of
Windows 2000 Professional running Outlook 2000. This worked fine last
week, I've reinstalled everything after a crash and now when I try to
'Check Name' in the Exchange Server client setup in O2K, I get the
message, "The name could not be resolved. The Microsoft Exchange
Address Book was unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer. Contace your sysadmin..."
I've combed the Knowledgebase and the two or three potential solutions
there haven't made a difference - it's not the permissions either on
the Exchange server or the NT server itself, it's not the NTFS
permissions.
I can log on to the same Exchange profile from any other box on the
network. Any ideas gratefully received.

TIA

Chris Ward-Johnson

2. Breaking a Software mirror

3. can't enter Password in Exchange Logon box

4. Deleting Mail

5. ASP logon bypassing the NT username and password box

6. OLE Messaging & Attachment & EFD Forms

7. 1 logon, 2 mail boxes

8. Changing return address name

9. Multiple Logon boxes popping up!!!

10. Mail boxes not allowing logon

11. ASP logon bypassing the NT username and password box

12. OWA presents logon challenge box every time a user opens any mailbox item

13. OWA and Two Logon Boxes **HELP**