OK, I am confused!

Post by Al Christenso » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

If I have Exch Client 5.0 on my system (no service paks) and want to move to
Outlook, can I just install the Outlook Client from the Enterprise CD, or
will that wipe out my existing data?  Also, will the calendar portion of
Outlook do everything that Schedule + does (Make Meeting, etc.) or do I need
to keep running Schedule+?

[...]

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Data stored in .pab and .pst files will not be affected. If you are
connecting to Exchange Server, then, yes, Outlook will do all the calendar
stuff. You might want to read the Olreadme.txt file on the CD and the
article at http://www.microsoft.com/OutlookDev/Articles/outinter.htm.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

Quote:> If I have Exch Client 5.0 on my system (no service paks) and want to move
> Outlook, can I just install the Outlook Client from the Enterprise CD, or
> will that wipe out my existing data?  Also, will the calendar portion of
> Outlook do everything that Schedule + does (Make Meeting, etc.) or do I
need
> to keep running Schedule+?

OK, I am confused!

Post by Anthon » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

You can install Outlook directly.  Information in PSTs, on the server, in
rules, etc., will be preserved.

The Outlook Calendar does all that Schedule+ does, and then some.  However,
it is incompatible with Schedule+.  If you are scheduling with other people
in your organization, you need to standardize on Schedule+ or Outlook
Calendar.  Outlook provides the ability, when you install it, to use either
Schedule+ or Calendar for your scheduling, but you need to choose whatever
is being used by others in your organization, or you won't be able to
communicate.

--
Anthony

>If I have Exch Client 5.0 on my system (no service paks) and want to move
>Outlook, can I just install the Outlook Client from the Enterprise CD, or
>will that wipe out my existing data?  Also, will the calendar portion of
>Outlook do everything that Schedule + does (Make Meeting, etc.) or do I
need
>to keep running Schedule+?

1. OK OK..it's an MSmail question, but I am desperate

I keep geting mail failures, and having returned mail.  There is no real pattern,
or consistant scenerio that causes this to happen.

I get the following error message:[006] Mail useful life exceeded sending to:
  WMPROPERTI/NY

Any ideas?

Thanks for any input you may provide.

Colin Walsh

2. Duplicate e-mail problem (VERY strange...not IMS related)

3. Internet mail - I am confused

4. Global address lists

5. Help I am confused!!

6. Exchange users and SMTP Mail.

7. OWA 2000 inside office ok, outside not ok

8. installing server

9. ping server ok - post to public folder ok but No Internal Mail

10. confused by ADO

11. Two non-trusted Exchange Servers, one confused client

12. AD Groups confusing question

13. mentorship for the confused