Can't add WIN95 Fax Service to client

Post by Lane Smit » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Anyone know how to do this??

thanks,
Lane Smith

Can't add WIN95 Fax Service to client

Post by Christopher G. Colb » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Lane:

Need more info.  If you have the Exchanger Server Client for 95, and you
are just trying to add the fax service that comes with Win95 Inbox
(Messaging), then it will not work (to my knowledge).

Chris

Quote:> Anyone know how to do this??

> thanks,
> Lane Smith

Can't add WIN95 Fax Service to client

Post by Sasan Baharaee » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

You can use the Microsoft Fax service that comes with Windows 95 with
Exchange server client.  I have done it and it works fine.

Quote:>Christopher G. Colby wrote

Post by Lars Lisber » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Lane:

> Need more info.  If you have the Exchanger Server Client for 95, and you
> are just trying to add the fax service that comes with Win95 Inbox
> (Messaging), then it will not work (to my knowledge).

> Chris

I've actually got this to work, but I had to install in the reverse
order:

1. Install Fax-service from the Win95 box and get it to work.
2. Then install the Exchange Server client and all works fine. It surely
did for me.

Lars Lisberg

Can't add WIN95 Fax Service to client

Post by Tom McCart » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Also make sure that under your delivery tab in the properties you list the
fax transport first.  If you don't and you try to do any faxes, you get a
printer error.  The key is to have it working first before you install the
Exchange client.

> > Lane:

> > Need more info.  If you have the Exchanger Server Client for 95, and
you
> > are just trying to add the fax service that comes with Win95 Inbox
> > (Messaging), then it will not work (to my knowledge).

> > Chris

> I've actually got this to work, but I had to install in the reverse
> order:

> 1. Install Fax-service from the Win95 box and get it to work.
> 2. Then install the Exchange Server client and all works fine. It surely
> did for me.

> Lars Lisberg

1. Win95 fax doesn't work after Exchg client install

After installing MS Exchg client for 95 at home, the Win95 Fax tool doesn't
work.

Receive error msg labeled "Microsoft Fax" with msg text "The information
store could not be opened".

MS Win95  ver. 4.00.950B
MS Exchg client for 95  ver. 4.0.994.0  w/ SP3

I believe it's referring to the fact that some of the Windows Messaging
Setting services can't be access,
since my Exchg client uses dialup networking to access the Exchg server.
Tried
--- setting up another Windows Messaging Setting profile, without Exchg or
the remote services, but no luck.
--- remove & install MS Fax
--- remove & install MS fax service under Windows Messaging Settings.

Thanks,

2. Client with one Mailadress to Inet

3. Same site, X.400 connector

4. Win95 exchange-client add one hour to mails, NT doesn't

5. Non delivery reports

6. Adding MS Exchange Service to Win95 client

7. stopping IS with AutoArchive

8. Microsoft FAX Service: 'Undeliverable:', but FAX transmits okay

9. DOS Exchange Client PAB's to WIN95 Exchange Client PAB's

10. Remote fax server in Win95 having a NT Client

11. Send FAX via EXCHANGE client on Win95 ??

12. FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX Facts