PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by Doc » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:38:08

I am replacing my Exchange 5.5 server with a 2K server
with a different name. Anyone know of a solution to
automate changing each users mail profile to point to the
new mail server without hitting each users desktop (over
150 users in multiple offices).
Is there an application I can use for this?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:53:51

Hi Doc,

If you will be installing the E2k into the 5.5 site and moving your
mailboxes to the E2k server, you will not need to reconfigure the profiles.
This will occur automatically when the mailbox is not found on the 5.5
server, the client will look to the other E2k server in the site and the new
server name will appear in the profile.

Or is there another way you are doing the 'upgrade'?

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> I am replacing my Exchange 5.5 server with a 2K server
> with a different name. Anyone know of a solution to
> automate changing each users mail profile to point to the
> new mail server without hitting each users desktop (over
> 150 users in multiple offices).
> Is there an application I can use for this?

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Exch5.5 on Win2K not installing fully

3. Distribution List Help Please Help Please Help

4. Queue Viewing-- Never mind, sorry

5. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

6. SMTP Queue Question

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. ESPUMOD.DLL -- Used for UTF8 and Escaping for DBCS and special chars

9. please help me with installing claint CDO please

10. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

11. Please, Please, HELP!

12. offline defrag, please please help

13. Can't receive email - PLEASE PLEASE HELP