create items in a shared folder with VB-Automation

create items in a shared folder with VB-Automation

Post by Michael Waeld » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

How can I create items (appointments, meetings) in a shared folder without
the ability to read the items in the shared folder?

Example:
in my calendar-folder I gave permission to create items (not the permission
to read).
But when somebody tries to create items with VB-Automation there's an
OLE-Error.

Code-Example:
    Set OlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OlNamSpace = OlApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

    Set OlRec1 = OlNamSpace.CreateRecipient("Michael Waelde")
    OlRec1.Resolve
    If OlRec1.Resolved Then
        Set OlRec1Fold = OlNamSpace.GetSharedDefaultFolder _
                        (OlRec1, olFolderCalendar)

        Set OlRec1Item = OlRec1Fold.Items.Add(olAppointmentItem)
        OlRec1Item.Display
        OlRec1Item.MeetingStatus = olMeeting

Can anybody help me ?

Michael

1. Creating Outlook Items using Outlook Automation interface

Krishna,
  No! it means that you create an AppointmentItem, set the Meeting Status
property to olMeeting, add some Recipients, and then use the Send method to
send to all of the attendees. The MeetingRequestItem is only found in the
attendees Inbox, until they read and Accept, Decline, or Tentative the
MeetingRequest.

You use the 'Assign' method on a 'TaskItem' in a similar method...

Hope this helps
Jay

2. exchange 5.5 vs.5.0

3. Creating Exchange Users in VB or VB.NET

4. relaying denied

5. Creating Public Contact Folder using vb

6. Default Browser setting

7. Create Public Folder through VB or VBScript

8. Upgrading from Exchange Server 4.0 SP3 to Exchange 5.0

9. create folders with webdav via vb

10. Create Public Folder (VB)

11. Create Public Folder through VB or VBScript

12. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

13. Create Public Folder with VB