Creating a MIME Header for a digitally Signed message

Creating a MIME Header for a digitally Signed message

Post by Thyro » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have developed an exchange client for Outlook '97 to digitally sign (and
encrypt) outgoing messages.  However, when my encrypted messages are
received by Outlook '98 / Outlook Express, they are not recognised as being
digitally signed because the MIME header content type dose not indicate that
the message has being signed.

E.g.  The PR_SECURITY property (requesting additional security for the
message) can be set SECURITY_SIGNED or ECURITY_ENCRYPTED. However, there are
a few more properties (to many to include here.)  How do I set the content
properties / Message options to indicate that the message is digitally
signed?

You help will be very much appreciated.

Ahmed.

1. Creating a MIME Header for a digitally Signed message

I have developed an exchange client for Outlook '97 to digitally sign (and
encrypt) outgoing messages.  However, when my encrypted messages are
received by Outlook '98 / Outlook Express, they are not recognised as being
digitally signed because the MIME header content type dose not indicate that
the message has being signed.

E.g.  The PR_SECURITY property (requesting additional security for the
message) can be set SECURITY_SIGNED or ECURITY_ENCRYPTED. However, there are
a few more properties (to many to include here.)  How do I set the content
properties / Message options to indicate that the message is digitally
signed?

You help will be very much appreciated.

Ahmed.

2. Big Calender Problem!!!

3. Possible to digitally sign single fields inside a message

4. add custom recipient

5. Webmail and Digitally Signed messages

6. Is it possible to get the list of SMTP email address of all mail enabled user, group and public folders?

7. OWA digitally signed messages

8. Public Folder Replication Problems

9. Client cannot digitally sign and encrypt messages

10. OWA: Unable to read digitally signed/encrypted messages

11. Digitally Signing Messages does not Work *HELP*

12. Is OWA able to send a digitally signed email

13. Routing and Digitally Signing Documents?