OWA public folder not accessable due to browser security setting

OWA public folder not accessable due to browser security setting

Post by Maddest » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 02:02:40

When accessing our exchange server via OWA, when we click on folders view, the
following message appears:  Access is denied. Your browser security settings will
not allow access to this folder from this page.  After this, the folder view does
show up but the public folders are not listed.  What could be causing this.

Thank You,

Brian Anderson

OWA public folder not accessable due to browser security setting

Post by Kelly » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 05:23:43

What are the versions of IE and Exchange.  Who is your ISP?  I ask the last
question because if your using AOL you have to minimize their browser and
open IE for proper authentication to work.

Kelly

When accessing our exchange server via OWA, when we click on folders view,
the
following message appears:  Access is denied. Your browser security settings
will
not allow access to this folder from this page.  After this, the folder view
does
show up but the public folders are not listed.  What could be causing this.

Thank You,

Brian Anderson

OWA public folder not accessable due to browser security setting

Post by maddest » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 02:24:41

Thank You for your response,

We are technically our own isp, we lease high speed lines from our local
telephone company.  we host our own dns, W2k Advanced servers, Exchange 2000, and
IE5.5 is running on our workstations.  The version of IE is irrelevant due to
consistent error across all platforms.  I am sure that it is not an NTFS
permissions problem also.  The problem must lie in IIS 5.0 or Exchange 2000.  If
you have any further ideas I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

Brian Anderson

.

OWA public folder not accessable due to browser security setting

Post by Kelly » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 08:23:21

Ok Brian!

If you are getting the same error from multiple machines then I would narrow
the problem down to PROXY. I don't remember if you said it or not, but I
will assume that you are running PROXY 2.xx.

Just a suggestion:

If you would take a look at several computers and if you have a win 95 or 98
and a win 2000 do you get the same error?

Make sure that you are up to date with the 128 bit version of security.

Proxy 2 is rather flaky (:-)) so if you still can't resolve the problem, and
the rest of your network is working ok do yourself a favor, save yourself
some sleepless nights and lots of over time, UNINSTALL ISS/PROXY and
reinstall it.

Just to let you know I upgraded my network to Win 2000, exchange 2000 and
IIS in December. We were running great a very smooth upgrade and users did
not even know it. I came in one morning an no one could access the internet
unless you by passed the PROXY server. The same was happening from the
outside, except it was just an ACCESS DENIED message. I spent 12 hours on
the problem checking everything and users asking when is the net going to
work, every 10 minutes.. No apparent error messages in any of the log to
give me a hint of what the problem might be. The only thing I had done was
reboot the server the night before when I install a backup agent. When I
uninstalled and reinstalled all was well and has been running with no
problems. A simple reinstall did not correct my problems.

Kelly
I.T. Manager
Court of Appeal, 4th Circuit
New Orleans, LA

[...]

Post by Kelly » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:47:00

Brian, take a look at the following sight they have a wealth of information
there.
http://www.slipstick.com/exs/owa.htm

Kelly