windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

Post by rob » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:24:18

I'm running a windows 2000 domain with exchange 2000
installed on my server SP2 for both exchange and windows
2000

my client is a windows XP computer with office XP as my
exchange client

My problem comes in with outlook XP installed on Windows
XP when i send mail outlook fails and does not send my
mail. if i use word to edit my email text it tells me in
a word box that "a fatial error has occurred in Outlook.
the data in your envelope has been lost, but your
document is still available." if i do not use word to
edit my email test outlook just closes.

I have already recreated the exchange box.
In a windows 2000 client environment with outlook XP it
works fine

windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

Post by Ed Woodric » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 13:04:54

It sounds as if your workstation might have be in trouble. Try creating a
new profile. I've been running Office XP on Windows XP for a long time with
no problems.

Ed Woodrick MVP - Exchange

Quote:> I'm running a windows 2000 domain with exchange 2000
> installed on my server SP2 for both exchange and windows
> 2000

> my client is a windows XP computer with office XP as my
> exchange client

> My problem comes in with outlook XP installed on Windows
> XP when i send mail outlook fails and does not send my
> mail. if i use word to edit my email text it tells me in
> a word box that "a fatial error has occurred in Outlook.
> the data in your envelope has been lost, but your
> document is still available." if i do not use word to
> edit my email test outlook just closes.

> I have already recreated the exchange box.
> In a windows 2000 client environment with outlook XP it
> works fine

windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

Post by Rob » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:53:02

I have already created new profiles that does not fix the
issue

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>It sounds as if your workstation might have be in

trouble. Try creating a
Quote:>new profile. I've been running Office XP on Windows XP

for a long time with
>no problems.

>Ed Woodrick MVP - Exchange

>> I'm running a windows 2000 domain with exchange 2000
>> installed on my server SP2 for both exchange and windows
>> 2000

>> my client is a windows XP computer with office XP as my
>> exchange client

>> My problem comes in with outlook XP installed on Windows
>> XP when i send mail outlook fails and does not send my
>> mail. if i use word to edit my email text it tells me in
>> a word box that "a fatial error has occurred in Outlook.
>> the data in your envelope has been lost, but your
>> document is still available." if i do not use word to
>> edit my email test outlook just closes.

>> I have already recreated the exchange box.
>> In a windows 2000 client environment with outlook XP it
>> works fine

>.

1. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2

We have a client that is connecting via a Cisco VPN to our
HQ office. The VPN client seems to be working fine, I can
ping and resolve the Exchange server and see the client's
IP on the Exchange server with a NETSTAT command. However
when the client opens Outlook XP they are prompted for
username, password & Domain as usual however, they enter
it once then are prompted a second time, then are given
the following error message:

"Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username
and domain, then type your password again. If your account
is new or if your administrator requested a password
change your will need to click Change Password then logon
with your new password."

Can anyone help? I have logged on locally to this account
and the user can connect fine using OWA, so the username,
password and domain are fine.

Any help is much appreciated,
Frank Mirecki

2. Multiple Pop3 Access

3. Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

4. help bin-hex 40

5. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows XP/Office XP Connectivity Problem

6. Outlook Clients receive duplicate New messages

7. Windows XP, Office XP & Server 2000

8. Operating mailbox outside

9. Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000 and Windows XP Home Edition

10. Outlook 2000 on Windows XP with Exchange 5.5

11. Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on Exchange 5.5

12. Windows XP Prof, Outlook 2000 and Exchange Server 5.5 problem