Outlook 2K remotely, save domain/username?

Outlook 2K remotely, save domain/username?

Post by Jim Brockma » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm using 0utlook 2K in a remote office(5 users), through ISDN,
to connect to Exchange 5.5 in Home office.
it works great, for most users. I tried OWA but this works better
and allows shared folders etc.

When you start Outlook it asks for USERNAME, DOMAIN, and PASSWORD.

Since the domain name in my remote office is different,
you have to put in the domain name of the home office here.

My problem is that on some machines it saves the DOMAIN and USERNAME info in
the Outlook login box, and for others it doesn't. What sets this saving?????

Would I avoid this dialog box by changing the DOMAIN name at the remote
office
to match home office?

--

1. Outlook 2K remotely, save domain/username?

I'm using 0utlook 2K in a remote office(5 users), through ISDN,
to connect to Exchange 5.5 in Home office.
it works great, for most users. I tried OWA but this works better
and allows shared folders etc.

When you start Outlook it asks for USERNAME, DOMAIN, and PASSWORD.

Since the domain name in my remote office is different,
you have to put in the domain name of the home office here.

My problem is that on some machines it saves the DOMAIN and USERNAME info in
the Outlook login box, and for others it doesn't. What sets this saving?????

Would I avoid this dialog box by changing the DOMAIN name at the remote
office
to match home office?

--

2. Viewing schedules

3. Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

4. HELP!!! Can I restore from copies of folders ?

5. save username-domain in Outlook client

6. Exchange Location

7. Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

8. Exchange 5.5 Inobx Assistant bug?

9. Saving username and domain name at logon

10. Outlook 2k suddenly prompting for username and password?

11. Web access: domain/username vs. username

12. Determining network username from Outlook/Exchange username

13. Replies are not saved in Sent Items using Outlook 2k SP1