Unable to logon to Outgoing SMTP!

Post by dmk » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:01:45

I have setup an Exchange server with SMTP Connector and an
SMTP Virtual Server, the ISA server contains a rule to
allow internet access and I used the Secure mail wizard
and that points to my exchange server's ip.  When I setup
my Outlook 2002 client, enter my mail settings, and when I
test the account, I receive an error when trying to send
the test message.

It states that I am UNABLE TO LOGON TO THE OUTGOING MAIL
SERVER (SMTP).  Can an Exchange Pro Please Help?

I can telnet from the Exchange server to the ISA Server
using either the IP of the Internal or External Cards.

I cannot telnet from the ISA Server to the Exchange
Server, states that it could not open a connection to host.

Unable to logon to Outgoing SMTP!

Post by Davi » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:17:52

you need to open port 25 for SMTP mail. ISA doesn't open
that for you by default. Check the rule again. If you
can't telnet thru the firewall to port 25, then no mail.
Truthfully, you need more ISA help than Exchange. Oh, and
the SMTP connector is unnecessary, SMTP virutal server is
all you need.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have setup an Exchange server with SMTP Connector and
an
>SMTP Virtual Server, the ISA server contains a rule to
>allow internet access and I used the Secure mail wizard
>and that points to my exchange server's ip.  When I setup
>my Outlook 2002 client, enter my mail settings, and when
>test the account, I receive an error when trying to send
>the test message.

>It states that I am UNABLE TO LOGON TO THE OUTGOING MAIL
>SERVER (SMTP).  Can an Exchange Pro Please Help?

>I can telnet from the Exchange server to the ISA Server
>using either the IP of the Internal or External Cards.

>I cannot telnet from the ISA Server to the Exchange
>Server, states that it could not open a connection to
host.
>.

1. Unable to logon to mail Server (SMTP)

I have setup an Exchange server with SMTP Connector and an
SMTP Virtual Server, the ISA server contains a rule to
allow internet access and I used the Secure mail wizard
and that points to my exchange server's ip.  When I setup
my Outlook 2002 client, enter my mail settings, and when I
test the account, I receive an error when trying to send
the test message.

It states that I am UNABLE TO LOGON TO THE OUTGOING MAIL
SERVER (SMTP).  Can an Exchange Pro Please Help?

I can telnet from the Exchange server to the ISA Server
using either the IP of the Internal or External Cards.

I cannot telnet from the ISA Server to the Exchange
Server, states that it could not open a connection to host

2. Automatic Welcome Message

3. Outlook XP trying to logon to Exchange server - unable to logon

4. trying to access exchange mailboxes from a new forest

5. Info Store to a new drive

6. SMTP Virtual Server: Forward all outgoing messages to SMTP server

7. Problem After Secure - Hot Fix - dont display body message

8. SMTP Disclaimer on Outgoing SMTP Messages

9. Unable to logon using CDO Error 0000043f

10. Users unable to logon to Exchange server

11. Terminal Services - Outlook unable to logon

12. Unable to logon Win2K using Exch mailbox user