Win 16 Roving Users HELP!!!

Post by Lutz Muelle » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

You have to add in WIN.INI the following Lines:
[MAPI]
ProfileDirectory16=<Path to HomeDirectory>

This allows you to have a separate ExchangeProfile for every User.
You can include this lines also in SETUP.STF File and the User gets this
automatically when he installs Exchange.

Also change the DEFAULT.PRF File on the Server
Add the following Lines to this File:
[Service2]
HomeServer=<\\ServerName>
MailBoxName="Write _Your_MEMOID_Here"

Hope this helps

--
Lutz Mller
Consultant PC-Networks

Quote:> Hello,

> Please give me a hint about my problem!  I want to setup a Win 3.1
> computer that my users can use to access their Exchange mail and
> schedule.  I have installed Windows on the computer, and I have
> installed a shared copy of the Exchange Win 16 client.  The software
> runs OK and asks for the user information.

> The problem is, it always uses the identity of the first user, even if a
> second user is logged in.  How do I get Exchange to use the logged in
> user, instead of the name in the first user?

> Your help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Frank

1. Win 16 Client

Background: NT 4 Server running Exchange Server 4...

I am trying to get a Windows 3.1 laptop onto the mail system... I have
installed the Win 16 client off of the Exchange CD and during the
configuration of the client when I try to 'Check Name' the client software
hangs and isn't able to solve for the name... Though I can solve for the
name of a Win 95 machine running the Win32 client...

I networked the laptop by using network install disk I created with NT, and
I am running NetBEUI on it... I am able to map drives and transfer data, I
just can't get the Exchange client to communicate with the Exchange
server...

Any help would be appreciated...

2. Announcement - New workflow resource site - http://www.workflowsoftware.com

3. total size 16 or each data base 16 ?

4. OWA, SSL and IE 5.5

5. Win 95 Roving Profiles..Help Please

6. Blank originator shown in the IMS queue

7. EventID 1023, source 16 with normal user accounts

8. Messages always opened as HTML

9. Roving users - outlook97/exchange 5.5 HELP!

10. Help: Problems with outlook 97 16 bits for wfw 3.11

11. 16 bit sql client and 16 exch. client conflict in wfw 3.11 workgroup

12. How to setup a roving user

13. Exchange with Roving Users