Windows NT Password cannot be changed in Outlook 98

Windows NT Password cannot be changed in Outlook 98

Post by John Skar » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am getting the following message when attempting to change a password
using Outlook 98:
"Your windows NT password could not be changed.  Please check the
information and try again."

How can I change the password using Outlook 98?  Is this an Exchange 5.5
issue on the server side?

Environment:

Novell 4.11 server as primary login server.  Exchange 5.5 server is
running on a NT 4.0 PDC.  Users logging in with the Novell Client 32,
but obviously can attach to the Exchange 5.5 server to send and receive
mail.  However, they cannot change their Windows NT password in this
environment.  Why?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Windows NT Password cannot be changed in Outlook 98

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

See if this KB article helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q236/1/11.ASP
XCLN: Client Unable to Change Windows NT Password

Hal

http://home.nbcin.com -- NBC Interactive Neighborhood
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

Quote:> I am getting the following message when attempting to change a password
> using Outlook 98:
> "Your windows NT password could not be changed.  Please check the
> information and try again."

> How can I change the password using Outlook 98?  Is this an Exchange 5.5
> issue on the server side?

> Environment:

> Novell 4.11 server as primary login server.  Exchange 5.5 server is
> running on a NT 4.0 PDC.  Users logging in with the Novell Client 32,
> but obviously can attach to the Exchange 5.5 server to send and receive
> mail.  However, they cannot change their Windows NT password in this
> environment.  Why?

> Thanks in advance for all of your help!

1. Access denied when changing password on NT 4.0 server from windows 98

Well I am hoping that someone has seen this problem and has the solution.
I have an Windows NT 4.0 Server with current service packs loaded.
Clients are windows 98 PC's.

When user try to change their passwords from Control panel/password, they
get "access denied" from the system.

I have not spotted any changes in configuration so I am at a loss.
Everything was ok in the past, which is the mystery.

TechNet didn't have the answer either.

Thanks in advance

Lionel

2. IS Outlook Web Access on the Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Download?

3. windows 98 users cannot change AD password

4. Company Calander?

5. Cannot change Windows NT password from Outlook 97 for Macintosh

6. Address list views

7. Outlook Client Unable to Change Windows NT or Windows 2000 Password

8. Rejecting Mails

9. Outlook 98 cannnot change NT password

10. Unable to set/Change NT Users password from Outlook 98

11. Cannot change password. Exchange /Outlook 98

12. Outlook POP Password change require windows after user change his password

13. Exchange/NT/Outlook - Cannot change password